CHAPTER 20: 18th rose

ARIA’s POV

“Chace..”

Inabot niya sa akin yung 16th red rose. He held my right hand with his left hand while his right touching my waist. The song also changed as we started to dance.

I never felt nothing in the world like this before

Now I'm missing you and I'm wishing that you would come back through my door

Why did you have to go?

You could have let me know

So now I'm all alone..

He gave me a smile as he looked me straight in the eyes. Those eyes.. those bluish eyes.. It’s like they’re telling me that..

“I missed you so much, Ria.”

I won’t lie. I also missed this guy so much. It’s hard not to. Marami kaming pinagsamahan. Yes, nanghihinayang ako sa naging relationship namin. Yung feeling na mapapasabi ka ng, ‘We could’ve had it all.’? Hahaha

I already forgave whatever happened between the three of us. I know they didn’t cheat on me. I know Chace really loved me, but still.. I know he has also feelings for Ysa.

“Buti nakarating ka..” Sabi ko nalang sakanya. And I meant that. I still want him to be part of this important event in my life. Kahit ano pa ang mga nangyari, he’ll always be a part of me.

“Of course, I wouldn’t miss this dance for the world..” I just gave him a smile as we continued to dance.

Girl you could have stayed but you wouldn't give me a chance

With you not around it's a little bit more than I can stand

And all my tears they

Keep running down my face

Why did you turn away?

“Ria.. What I said in phonecall.. the thing about nothing changed and.. I meant all of that.” He still loves me and wants me back. But I know I couldn’t give that now to him. Time out na nga muna sa love diba? Hehe. I still love him, but I just can’t.

If there’s one thing that I realized after the break up, it’s that when your relationship with someone ended, it doesn’t mean that the love you had wasn’t true. And that when you really loved somebody, there’ll always be a part deep inside in your heart that will always  love and care for him.

So why does your pride make you run and hide?

Are you that afraid of me?

But I know it's a lie what you keep inside

This is not how you want it to be

But maybe hanggang doon nalang yun. Maybe we’re not really meant to be together.

“Chace..”

“Don’t worry. I’ll wait. No matter how long it will take.” He said with a smile but sadness in his eyes. I just can’t make him do that.

“No Chace, I can’t make you wait. I can’t make you do something na alam kong walang assurance. Ayaw kitang paasahin pa na pwede pa..” But he interrupted me.

“Let me be. Kahit walang pag-asa sa ngayon.. Just let me wait. I’m not asking for you to give me an assurance.”

It just hurts for me na sabihin niya ang mga yun. Pero hindi nalang ako nagsalita. I wouldn’t want to ruin the moment.