35. Your puppy love is the best

Start from the beginning

*

The next day I was sitting at the Serpent spot with Toni and Cheryl, while they were having a photo shoot, I was planning some shift for the Serpents. 

Cheryl was sitting in the big seat and I sat on one of the armrests while Toni took pictures. "T you free tomorrow?", I asked looking up form the papers. "Yes, I can do one shift at like three", she smiled. "Perfect", I smiled noting it down. 

"The motorcycle and Lou's legs in the back, just perfect. Oh, this one's cute", Toni chuckled. 

"Serpetts and Queen, have either of you seen Jughead?", Veronica asked walking up to us, "I have a problem that has his name all over it". 

"You mean True Detective?", Cheryl asked, "He's busy canoodling Nany Drew, no doubt", Cheryl explained, "But how can we help?". 

"Penny Peabody paid me a visit", Veronica admitted. "That Viper bitch showed her face on the Northside?", Cheryl asked taking off her sunglasses. 

"Followed shortly thereafter by Sheriff Minetta. my father's clearly puppeteering them, I wanna call them off, but I need leverage against him", Veronica explained. 

"Blackmail material you mean", Toni said. "Antoinette Topaz, you are speaking my language. Jughead has been keeping tabs on the Southside".

"He has, for instance, we know that over the summer the Ghoulies set up shop in the basement of the Whyte Wyrm which your father owns. Sweet Pea and Fangs think they've turned it into a jingle jangle lab", I explained. 

"Lucky for you, I used to bartend there, which means I know all the secret ways in and out", Toni smirked. 

*

Soon the four of us were dressed in dark clothes and were located in the basement of the Wyrm. Veronica and Toni hid behind a trashcan while Cheryl and I hid behind one. 

We waited for the working Ghoulies to finally take a break from their work and it took forever but eventually, they left the basement. While everything was happening Toni took serval pictures. 

"Okay, we move quickly but quietly", I told the girls. "Sweet Pea and Fangs were right", Veronica gasped as we looked over all the drugs and other stuff on the tables. 

"Yeah, the jingle jangle business is booming. Should be plenty of admissible evidence for blackmail Veronica", Toni explained. 

*

After our little mission impossible I went home to get ready for tonight's opening of the speakeasy. I was so excited to dress up and see how it will look when there is a full crowd in La Bonne Nuit.

"Reggie?", I asked as I got off my bike and saw the boy sitting at my trailer. "Lou", he smiled. "What are you doing here?", I asked laughing. 

"I wanted to ask you something", he smiled standing up from the stairs, "Would you be my date tonight?". 

"Of course but don't you need to work?", I chuckled. "I do but then I can buy you drinks", he smiled. "Okay, well I will see you at nine", I smiled. 

"Yes", he said standing really close to me. He glanced down to my lips and back up at my eyes, was he going to kiss me? Was I ready?

Then he leaned in while he gently placed his hand on my face. He then pressed his lips on mine and to my surprise, I kissed back. 

Then suddenly imagines of Malachai popped in my head, his lips on mine, his hands roaming my body, he kissing down my neck and more stuff. 

"Stop", I said as I pulled out of the kiss trying to catch my breath, no no, this wasn't happening again. I haven't had a panic attack in almost three weeks.