1.05 | THE GILBERT DEVICE; ACTIVATED

Start from the beginning

"You know the tomb vampires I told you we lost track off... well, we found them and they're here to kill the founding families."

"What are we meant to do?" Elena asked, calming down significantly.

"Alaric's gone to get weapons from his car," Damon stated, hoping to hurry up the conversation.

"Alaric? As in Mr Saltsman? Seriously how many people know about you guys?" Olivia found herself asking in exasperation.

"Not important, but you guys need to leave. Now." Damon returned, looking towards his brother and Elena.

"Wait, Jeremy's here somewhere," Elena spoke up, feeling panic spread over her at the thought of her brother being attacked by a vampire.

"I was talking to him earlier, last time I saw him he was by the stalls in the Town Square." The blonde replied casually, not quite understanding why everyone was so worried.

Elena due to her stress didn't have the time to question the vampire on what she was talking about with her brother. In any other moment, she would've been uncomfortable by the two talking due to barely knowing Olivia and her being a vampire and all but right now she couldn't focus on that ⏤ Damon, however, sure as hell did. He looked to her in a mix of curiosity and suspicion as to why she would be befriending Elena's younger brother. He wanted to believe it was some sort of tactic or plot and she was overall here to kill Elena but the more he tried to convince himself of that, the more he realised how stupid it sounded.

Stefan's response, however, pulled him from his thoughts. "Okay, let's go find him," Stefan said as he looked to Elena reassuringly before the two were about to leave much like Damon, who had something to sort out before Founder's Day ended.

"Wait, you've got bigger problems." Olivia then announced causing the three to turn back to her.

"What's more important than the tomb vampires trying to kill everyone?" Damon asked with raised eyebrows.

"The Gilbert Device. It's not deactivated." She replied, causing all three to be extremely taken back.

"What? But Bonnie said she ⏤" Elena began, not wanting to believe Bonnie would lie to them all.

"She lied, she didn't deactivate anything meaning..." Olivia began.

"John's going to activate it tonight and all the vampires are going to be dead." Damon finished before sighing in irritation at the complicated situation that got worse by the minute.

"Why would Bonnie lie about deactivating the device?" Elena asked, still confused as to why her closest friend would do something like that.

"Want my advice? Sort out your friendship problems later and right now focus on getting the hell out of here before you end up dead." Olivia returned simply.

"What about the tomb vampires? They're going to attack as soon as the fireworks start." Stefan added, knowing he couldn't leave if everyone else was in danger.

"I'm betting John knows about their plan and is aiming to activate the device before then," Olivia responded, growing slightly confused by their stubborn attitudes and how reluctant they were to leave. Did they want to survive or not?

"What about Jeremy? We can't leave him here." Elena brought back up, refusing to go anywhere without her brother.

"Take Elena and leave. I'll get Jeremey." Damon responded finally seeing as it was the only thing he could do to get Elena to leave and be safe.

"But the device ⏤" Stefan began as whilst he had experienced difficulties with his brother recently, he still cared for Damon and wouldn't let him die.