Catch My Flow

Previously from Forever My Lady

Meanwhile, Wynnie was coming out of the labs exhausted. Exhausted but accomplished. Cairo was satisfied with his latest mission, partly because he was done in time to see the pint-sized girl coming down the stairs and unaware of his presence. Dressed normally, he crossed his arms in anticipation.

Wynnie looks up as she lands on the last step and air is exhaled out of her lungs. "How long you been standing there?" she held her hand on her chest.

"Long enough to know you're not that keen on your surroundings." He teased her.

"Surree...nobody was there when I came out of the building." She challenged him. Cairo rolled his eyes. Wynnie stepped around him and started down the sidewalk.

"Come on Wednesday...let me take you to breakfast." He could hear here stomach growling from the small distance they had.

"Alright..." she squinted her eyes at him. "And you better take me somewhere good." Wynnie didn't notice that it was a completely different car from the day he picked her up.

The pair ended up at Missy's restaurant for breakfast. They ate quietly.

"Damn, Wednesday! The food ain't going nowhere." Cairo started laughing.

"Shut up! I just pulled an all-nighter. I'm famished." She rolled her eyes. "And are you going to eat that hash brown." She took it off his plate anyway. "Oh yeah, that's the spot." She swallowed. "And call me Wynnie..."

"I earned the right to call you a nickname?" his eyes twinkled. Cairo accepted that he was smitten with the sassy girl across the table. And he had no problem with it. "Where are you from, Wynnie?"

"Pearl Riva, Flo-RIDA bih!" she said with a laugh. "And you?"

"South France." He answered. She coughed on her orange juice.

"Didn't expect that." She tilted her head at him. "I can see that. You're odd...I like you." She decided.

Cairo couldn't help but smile at that. He liked her too. But maybe the references of liking each other is misconstrued.

The pair finished breakfast and left the restaurant.

"What are you working on?" Cairo asked her when he noticed her head was buried in a book as she rode back to the dorm.

"Right now, I'm learning the words to this song that I want to sing at the talent show this weekend. But my all-nighter was about my biology project..."

"I'm listening." Cairo didn't take his eyes off the road. Wynnie looked over at him in muted appreciation but she hid it well. "What about the project?"

"I want to come up with ways to clean the immediate water supply while simultaneously refurbishing the original marine wildlife. Well, it's a lake just outside the city that needs some help but my professor seems to think it's 'too ambitious for a sophomore/junior.' Fuck him." Her nostrils flared. "I'll show his racist ass something."

"Wouldn't you need a team of people to do it?"

"Yes but right now, I'm working on a hypothetical part of the project. That's what's due in May."

"May?!" he parked the car overlooking the mountain caps.

"Yeah...the first part is due in December and the whole part is due in May." She explains. "What a view..." she changes the conversation.

"I wanna climb that mountain." He says in general conversation.

"Climb it?" Wynnie looks over at him in curiosity. "Why would you wanna climb it?"

"Why not?" he challenged her. "You gotta get out more Wynnie." Her insides shook a little bit. Why is his accent like that? She thinks as she shakes the feeling away.

"I get out just fine, thanks for the concern." She retorted back sassily.

"You better be lucky I like that shit..." he suddenly turned his face toward her.

"And if you didn't?" it was her turn to challenge him. Cairo smirked for a moment and bit his lip. "Earth to Cairo! Earth to Cairo!" she waved her hand in his face. All of a sudden, he grabbed her hand. Sparks shot up her spine. His grey eyes bore into her brown face and eyes. Wynnie was losing her breath.

"Some things should be shown not told." He let her hand go.

I need new panties, she thought to herself. Wynnie didn't have a retort so she sat back in her seat with the lyrics in her face.

With nothing else to say, Cairo started the car and took her back to campus. Wednesday got out of his car with a small smile and nothing else. Cairo smirked to himself. One step closer, he thought.

On Saturday, Wynnie left her dorm room and headed to the venue of the talent show. Nia, Sunday, and Eve were there. The three girls were excited to hear Wednesday perform. Adonis, Aries, and Alex were a few rows behind them, unbeknownst to them.

She stood in the dressing room shaking with nerves. The song she'd chosen to sing was personal. And although the song is written with a lover in mind, it was really a ballad to her mother.

"And next up is Wednesday Perriloux!" the master of ceremony announced her. Wednesday's heart dropped. Her heels clicked nervously to the stage. A stagehand handed her a mic. Cairo stood in the shadowy back of the packed venue.

"Let's go Wynnie!" Sunday was the loudest member of the crowd. Wednesday smiled briefly.

"Un-break my heart..." she began the song. Sunday's heart dropped instantly. That song clearly had a significance to them. "Say you love me again..."

By end of the song, Sunday was wiping tears from her eyes. "I can't believe she sang that song." There wasn't a dry eye in the venue, aside from the Minnelli boys but that was different.

"Thank you all..." she bowed away from the stage. Sunday went backstage and held her sister.

"And now we have a tie..." the master of ceremony announced when the judges sent in their votes. "Wednesday Perriloux..." the MC didn't even get to the next name because the crowd went crazy for Wynnie. Cairo smirked in amusement. By now he'd joined his cousins on their row.

"I already know what song she's gonna sing this time." Eve giggled.

This time, Wynnie stepped to the stage with a smile. "Have you ever been around somebody that made you...high?" All the women in the crowd screamed YASSS. Wynnie giggled and instantly snapped along to the first set of cords.

"Ooohh I get so high when I'm around you baby..."

"How did you know?!" Sunday snapped along with Eve.

I bet we know who that song is about but ya know...

After the song, Wynnie won the talent show. The girls all went out for drinks. Nia turned all attention to Wednesday. Cairo watched them so they were safe. Well, all of the Minnelli boys did...

"Compliments from that gentleman there, ma'am..." the waiter placed an expensive bottle of wine on the table and a single daisy in Wednesday's hand.

Congratulations. The card simply said. Wynnie tried to look around conspicuously until she made eye contact with Cairo. He winked before slipping out of the door. Wynnie felt her breath quicken for a moment.