what the hell do you want from me?

alan's pov

I drove into set and went straight into my rehearsal room when I saw Witney through the window. I dropped my things and walked out and stopped her.
"Alan. I need to go rehearse for the opening number. Can you please move?" She asked me.
"No one else is here yet. Witney can we talk?" I asked her.
"Fine." She said following me into my rehearsal studio. "What is this about." She asked me clearly mad already.
"I just wanted to know if..." I began to ask trailing off having second thoughts about what I was going to ask.
"If what? Spit it out Alan. I'm really not having it today. I was just kicked off do you really think I want to be here now?" She asked getting angry.
"Were you the one who leaked the story?" I blurted out not knowing if I was going to regret the decision I had made. "Milo told me you were the only one who witnessed it and knew about it."
"Why the hell would I leak it? It's not my relationship!" She began to defend herself.
"I don't know! You got really mad at Milo for him not telling Lanie! Maybe you wanted her to find out already?" I asked her confused.
"Alan. Milo promised me he would tell her after the show and I told him okay. Why would I do that if I leaked it already. Plus, I was mad because Lanie is one of my best friends. She went through a lot and I wanted her to find out from him not from the news! That's why I kept pushing him to tell her! You know how fast news flies around in LA." She explained to me.
"Then why did you leave in such a rush?" I asked her prying deeper.
"Are you going to keep interrogating me even after I told you I didn't do it?" She asked me. "Holiday was the one who kissed him! Maybe she leaked it!" She said raising her voice.
"But she doesn't know Lanie!" I said.
"You really think they do background checks for the sources? News outlets will break all rules and make up all sorts of shit if it means they'll grab people's attention." She told me.
"Fine. I'll meet you in the other studio. Are we rehearsing the opening number first?" I asked her.
"Yeah. And Alan?" She asked opening the door to leave. "I'm the one choreographing it. Don't mess up anymore or else you're not gonna be in the dance." She threatened me as she left.
"Who the hell leaked it? And why are they after both Milo and Lanie?" I asked myself.

holiday's pov

I kept reading the article over and over again. The story hurting me and the flashbacks of what happened running through my mind. I began to cry out of sheer guilt. I regretted everything that I had done. I was mad at first when I first saw Lanie hanging out with Milo when she first met him all those years ago. I knew he was happy, but a part of me missed him so much. A part of me regretted cheating on him. I took advantage of having him as my boyfriend. I never truly appreciated how amazing he was to me. That's why I agreed to help Arthur with his plan to split them up. I didn't think about what I was doing to the both of them. The paparazzi had been breaking their necks to even hear anything about either of them. There had been no photos of either of them in like three weeks because they are both so heartbroken. They were heartbroken because of me. Because of what I did. I heard keys inserting into the front door as I quickly wiped away the tears and pretended to play a game on my phone. When Arthur came in, I pretended to act okay.
"Hi babe! How are you?" I asked him nicely.
"Shut up bitch. I need you to do something for me." He said harshly. I swallowed my fear and pretended to be okay with it.
"Do you need me to go to the store and grab something for you?" I asked trying to help.
"No. I need you to go to Lanie's house and do something for me. Check in on my girl and see how she's doing." He said smirking.
"I-I thought I was your girl." I said to him.
"You are. But she's more important. Sorry Holiday." He told me honestly.
"Arthur. I think we need to break up. I'm sorry but I don't think this relationship is going to work out." I told him beginning to grab my things and taking my key off my lanyard.
"Excuse me? Who do you think you are leaving me like this? You cant just leave me. You're not allowed to do that." He began to yell at me.
"What the hell do you want from me?! I have done everything you have asked! I have done everything for you even if it means I am breaking inside! I have done everything for you even if it meant that I had to hurt the people that I love and care about!" I screamed at him fighting to hold my tears back.
"You are not allowed to break up with me. You are mine until I dump you." He said threatening me.
"No. I am not going to let you hurt me like this. I am leaving and you can't do anything to stop me." I said grabbing my car keys and the house key as I ran out the door and sped off in my car. I looked back to see Arthur running out after me. I put my foot on the pedal and sped off and out of there and drove to Milo's house. I needed to tell him the truth. I needed him to know what happened and why I did it. I was driving in the car when Lanie's song came on the radio.
"Okay Ryan. Now, next we're going to hear from a newer artist in Los Angeles. Her name is Lanie Adalair and I wanted to play this song to hopefully cheer her up after the rumored incident that happened a few weeks ago. Lanie, if you are listening, we love you here at 106.1 KBZN. Here is Lanie's song, Liability." I began to feel even more guilty and broke down as the song played.

Baby really hurt me
Crying in the taxi
He don't wanna know me
Says he made the big mistake of dancing in my storm
Says it was poison
So I guess I'll go home
Into the arms of the girl that I love
The only love I haven't screwed up
She's so hard to please
But she's a forest fire
I do my best to meet her demands
Play at romance, we slow dance
In the living room, but all that a stranger would see
Is one girl swaying alone
Stroking her cheek

They say, "You're a little much for me
You're a liability
You're a little much for me"
So they pull back, make other plans
I understand, I'm a liability
Get you wild, make you leave
I'm a little much for
E-a-na-na-na, everyone

The truth is I am a toy
That people enjoy
'Til all of the tricks don't work anymore
And then they are bored of me
I know that it's exciting
Running through the night, but
Every perfect summer's
Eating me alive until you're gone
Better on my own

They say, "You're a little much for me
You're a liability
You're a little much for me"
So they pull back, make other plans
I understand, I'm a liability
Get you wild, make you leave
I'm a little much for
E-a-na-na-na, everyone

They're gonna watch me
Disappear into the sun
You're all gonna watch me
Disappear into the sun

I pulled into the street of Milo's house and shut off my car. I sat and took a deep breath and got out of my car. I knocked softly on the front door and looked down. When the door opened I looked up and saw Mason.
"I'm sorry Holiday but you need to leave." He snapped at me hastily.
"Please Mason. I need to talk to Milo. I'm in trouble. I need his help." I pleaded with him beginning to cry.
"Don't you have other friends? I'm sorry but you really fucked things up this time." He said beginning to close the door.
"Mason. Please. I really need his help. I need your help. I'm in huge trouble and I need help please." I begged putting my hand on the door.
"Fine. Come in. You're not talking to Milo. You're talking to me first." He said letting me in as he led me to the downstairs guest room. "Talk. You get 10 minutes."
"Mason. I didn't mean to break up Lanie and Milo." I said honestly.
"You kissed him. You literally leaked a story to E! News. What do you mean 'you didn't mean to break them up'" he told me.
"I was forced to. Do you really think I'd want to break up a relationship?" I asked him.
"You cheated on Milo before. Why wouldn't I think you'd break up a relationship?" He said brutally.
"I haven't even talked to Milo in so long. Why would I come up out of nowhere? If I really wanted to get revenge, don't you think I would've done it when he first met Lanie?" I asked him trying to reason.
"I don't know Holiday. You've done some fucked up shit before. I really don't know what you're capable of."
"Well. One of Lanie's ex boyfriends, Arthur, matched with me on tinder. And I went on a couple dates with him and we became really close." I began to explain.
"Holiday. I don't want to sound mean but I really don't care about your love life. If you came here for couples therapy or relationship advice, go to google." He told me.
"I wasn't done yet. After a bit of time, after Derek went to jail, he began writing notes to her. He knew she would be paranoid. I didn't know what he was up to. He was the one who made me go over there and fuck shit up between Milo and Lanie. If I didn't, I don't even know what he would or could have done to me."
"Why didn't you go to the police?" He asked me.
"I couldn't. He kept track of me and where I was going. Who I was talking to." I told him.
"How are you here then? Is he coming here? Is he following you?" He asked me.
"Hopefully not. I threw my tracker tile out the window. I was too scared anyways. I was afraid that he was going to catch me and hurt me." I told him.
"I believe you Holiday. But it's going to take some time to convince Milo. And it's going to take time to convince Lanie." He said pulling me into a hug when the door opened.
"Mason? What the fuck are you doing hugging her? What is she doing in our house? Do you not know the pain she caused me and Lanie? And you're just letting her walk in here? You're going to let her fill your head with lies? Great. I was just beginning to feel better and my day has been ruined now because of you and her." Milo yelled as he slammed the door and ran up to his room.

A/N: drama!! I hope you guys are enjoying the story! Sorry if the chapters aren't as interesting but I'm really trying my best here haha this is my first fanfic after all. also!! we're almost at 1K reads! thank you so so much! well, if you do like the chapters and my story overall, please leave some comments and votes! alrighty, love you all. xoxo, lanie💞