alligator nuggets.

"callum! you scared me oh my god. I thought you were.." I trailed not being able to say his name.
"arthur? don't worry I'm not. You need a ride? I was heading over to the house anyways."
"uh sure." I said as I got into his car. I thought he was derek. I got so scared for a moment. No one has ever known what happened between me and derek and I don't plan on it getting out there. as Callum drove us home I gazed out the window and to the left it was the view of the ocean. Always loved the ocean, it made me feel like a mermaid, I guess that's the Pisces in me talking. And to the right, once we stopped I saw a beautiful poodle taking a shit. "haha callum look it's a POOdle." I said cracking up.
"lanie, im not gonna lie. that was a bad one." He said bluntly.
"ouch, way to burst my bubble broski" I said clutching my heart.
"alright we're here get out of my car" he chuckled.
"oof okay." I said as I struggled to carry the bags. "yo sis I'm home and I found this person on the street said he knew you somehow thought I'd let him in"
"lanie we've been over this you can't just bring in random strangers. I know you're gonna say 'I felt compelled to. What if that's us one day' but..." she stopped at the top of the staircase. "OH MY GOODNESS ITS CALLUM LAN THIS IS NO STRANGER!!" she squealed in delight as she ran down the stairs.
"bro chill out i was kidding obviously" I walked into the kitchen and began unpacking the ingredients and searched for a pan.
"well what are you making us? and is milo coming?" She asked leaning on the kitchen island.
"yes he's coming and I'm making tomato soup and grilled cheese. Only the best for my favorite people" I say crinkling up my nose.
"Aw, aren't you adorable. Well, we'll be upstairs." She said grabbing Callum by the hand and making way out of the kitchen.
"Looks like it's just me." I stopped unpacking and asked milo if he wanted to come a little early and help make some dinner. Luckily, he was already in the area and was able to come.
*ding dong*
"I'LL GET IT!" I yelled running to the door.
"Jeez girl. That's a set of pipes you got there. I could hear you through the door!" Milo laughed.
"Well, I used to be a cheerleader" I said thoughtfully.
"Makes sense. You still cheer?" He said as I welcomed him in.
"Not anymore. Had a few bad experiences and I decided it wasn't worth the trauma" I smiled slightly. I was hoping he'd be able to change the subject.
"Cool. Well, what are we making?"
"Alligator nuggets!!" I exclaimed.
"Oh! Here I'll help you but I actually had a big lunch so I won't be eating a lot." He said trying to contain himself.
"Haha. I'm just kidding we're making tomato soup and grilled cheese!" I let out.
"Oh okay. Thank god. I love trying new things but I'm not sure about eating an alligator."
"I tried it once when I went to Florida. Not bad. Tastes like chicken." I said shrugging as I finished pulling out the remaining ingredients. We began by roasting the tomatoes and preparing the rest of the ingredients. "So I honestly don't really know that much about you? How did you get into acting?"
"Well, I was always into it. You know my mom is an actress so it felt right. Why do you do the homeschool thing?"
"Well, I used to go to a traditional school. But as my music schedule got more hectic I began missing more school and failing classes because my music was more important to me. But of course, nowadays you need an education to be successful even if it doesn't prepare you exactly for what to do in life. So I enrolled in the same program as my sister and I've been in it ever since and I'll be graduating in May."
"Wow. Do you have any pieces I can listen to?" He asked.
"This is what I've been working on. I'm still trying to figure out how to make music since I'm classically trained on the violin and the viola but I was able to create this little thing." I grabbed my phone and connected it to the speaker. (the song I'll be referring to is Camila Cabello's 'Consequences-orchestra') "Alright I'm gonna play it and I look forward to your constructive criticism." I said smiling. As I played the song, I couldn't help but look away. As it was playing I dug my head into the pantry hoping to escape the judgement. I slowly just watched my phone waiting for the song to end. As it finished, I quickly paused it to prevent anymore of my music from playing.
"Uh Lanie? You good? Why is your head inside of the pantry?"
I quickly got out as I forgot that I was still in there and decided to face him. "Just looking for some oregano! Forgot it was in the spice cabinet haha!" I said awkwardly laughing.
"Glad you found that, but about your song..." I turned facing him waiting for the verdict. It felt as if I was on Maury waiting for him to say "you know chief said this ain't it" but milo said, "it was awesome. Don't get me wrong it's not exactly the type of music I listen to but it's really good and you're an amazing singer. You could have a career making soundtracks and scores for movies and television." He said inching closer.
"Th-thanks. Uhm, it means a lot." I said looking down. As I looked up, I saw a glimmer in his eyes and said the most stupid thing in my whole life. "Uh, I think I should get the tomatoes they might be burning from the heat"
"Haha yeah let's do that" he said with a smile.

A/N: sorry that was a really dumb chapter but things will start to pick up in the next chapter. I took a few days off because it was my grandmother's one year death anniversary but I'm back now and will be working my butt off to write the next few chapters before I get back to school so I can have them prepared for during the first few weeks while I'm still getting back into it! thanks to all you lovebugs reading my story and I'm so grateful for everyone taking their time to read my first ever story! Thank you so much in advance and I hope 2019 brings you happiness and all the love in the world!