Chapter Sixteen

Louis had made it safely to Blind Island, and as promised his 200 gold coins were enough for him to rent a room in the town inn. The town was part of his father's jurisdiction, so he knew he had to be careful not to be recognised. He made sure to throw his hood up as he walked to the nearest pub.

Walking inside he looked around for a free bar stool, there was one in the corner and he immediately walked towards it. The place was crowded, rowdy women and men drinking and eating as they watched some man do magic tricks on stage.

"What can I get for you kid?" Louis Looked up at the women who was leaning against the counter, ready to serve him.

"Um, ah... just a... lemonade?"

The employee gave him a strange stare, trying to look under his hood ever so slightly.

"That's funny, how about a nice rum, yeah?"

Louis blinked, what was rum? "Oh um okay, sure."

Two seconds later a brown mug with equally brown liquid was placed in front of him.

"That's two silver coins."

Louis bit his lip softly, "do you give change?" He passed over one of his gold coins, which was equivalent to ten silver coins.

The women took the coin, giving him a blank look before leaving with a simple, "no."

Louis nodded softly muttering under his breath, "okay then... you're welcome."

Bringing the mug to his lips he took a sip of the mysterious rum, immediately he began choking at the disgusting taste, rubbing at his lips with his hand.

A dark chuckle was heard from behind him, "can't handle you liquor darling? Did daddy never let his little boy drink? How cute."

Louis stood up, turning around. Immediately he was face to face - well more like face to chest, with who he could only presume was a pirate; if their hat was anything to go by.

"Um, I think you're mistaken..."

The man smirked, grasping Louis' forearm and dragging him out of the pub and towards the dock.

"S-stop please I don't know you think I am... but I mean no harm."

The man laughed as he let go of the boy, now on the boat dark. It was dark and scary, Louis' hood had fallen off. He was beginning to worry.

"Oh, so you're not Prince Louis." The man's tone was mocking as he pushed Louis towards the end of the dock.

"No, who is that? I'm new here."

Louis groaned tugging away from the man as the pirate's grip tightened around his arm.

"Sure Your Highness... Sure."

"No no! Stop please no." Louis yelled as the man began to walk him onto what Louis presumed was his own boat.

"I'm captain Hemmings... and you are a very valuable prize."

Louis grunted as the Captain threw him onto the floor of the boat's deck.

"I was disowned i'm worth nothing to the Kingdom.

The pirate chuckled darkly before kneeling down and holding the Prince's jaw in his hand, he rubbed his thumb up and down the boy's pink lips.

He's pretty.

"Oh no my Prince... the Kingdom won't pay a penny for your ass. But I've heard of a certain pirate which will."

Short, but better than nothing.