Chapter 5

Song for this chapter: For you- angus and Julia stone

Today is Monday, today I had school, today was not my day!

****

After closing my locker a group of girls walked past giggling, I over heard one of them 'can't wait for the school dance!'

School dance? WTF I didn't even know our school had one? Interesting.

I bumped into Riley on my way to English,

"Hey, sorry"

"It's ok, hurry up were gonna be late!"

"Late for what?!?!"

"There selling the dance tickets at the gym in 5 mins!"

"Omg are you serious!" I have a pissed off look on my face trying to communicate with Riley though my stare, death stare. We waited in line for about 20 minuets to get those tickets. Personally I would have just bought them online.

"So Riley who are you gonna take to the dance? Wait let Me guess, Mia Tollen. I knew it you like her!"

"Jo! Stop it!"

"Riley and Mia sitting in a tree, doing something we can't see." I sang

"It starts with S and ends in X, OMG there having..."

"JOHANNA MASON!!! SHUT UP!!!!" He screams getting almost everyone's attention.

"way to ruin the moment Riley." I smile at him,

"Come with me." He said calmly grabbing my hand, dragging me out of the gym.

We walked towards the oval and sat down on the bleachers.

"Jo, I wanted to ask you if you would come to the dance with me?"

"Riley, I-I would but someone already asked me a-and I said yes. Sorry"

And with that I left the oval and went to English, leaving Riley. I felt like crap for the rest of the day. I don't know why I felt sad, maybe it was because it was my best friend. But it felt stronger than that.

I couldn't have feelings for Riley, No way!

Even though I love the way he smiles and laughs, and how he looks at me.

NO, STOP!!!!

I avoided Riley for the rest of the day and as soon as that school bell rang I was out of that Horrid place.

I ran home, throwing my bag at the wall and slamming the door shut, the guilt was killing me because I didn't actually have a date to the dance, I just don't want to go with him. I don't know why but I just don't.

I don't want a relationship with my beast friend even though I love it when we're together and some people mistake Riley as my boyfriend, and the way he holds me, and the way he said I was beautiful.

I knew Riley like liked me ever since that chat on the roof, then at the beach and boardwalk.

I looked through my window and saw Riley on his roof, I took out my laptop and began to study for some stupid Test.

I hate studying but not as much as the feeling of me lying not to mention probably breaking my best friend.

The guilt, I couldn't take it so I decided to go to bed, that night I had a series of nightmares all involving Riley.

Do I have feelings for Riley?