Chapter 2

Song for this chapter: please don't say you love me- Gabrielle aplin

He let out a sight of frustration "fine!"

Riley shuffled closer to me and put his a around me,

"Well this girl is 15, she has long, curly, brown hair and brown eyes, she is beautiful and smart. This girl is Amazing at soccer and has older siblings."

Riley looked at me then smiled.

"Hmm... is it Jennifer Anderson?"

"Eww no, try again"

"Umm... Zoey lockheart?

"Nope"

"How about Mia Tollen?"

"Not even close."

"Riley there are no other girls in our grade that play soccer and have older siblings!" Then I finally got it,

I hope he wasn't talking about me? I looked back into those big green eyes and leaned into his shoulder as we watched the sun set, "Riley"

"Yeah?"

"That girl you were talking about, was it me?"

He flinched and an awkward silence filled the cold night time air.

"Err... n-no."

"Okay"

****

Today was Friday but today I had no school, 'teacher correction day' or some shit. It was about 9 am when I got a text from Riley.

*movies?*

I smiled at the text

*sure, be there in 5 ;)*

I grabbed my Jeans and shirt and took a shower, tied my hair up and ran out the front door "be back soon!" I shout.

I knocked on his front door and he opened it straight away,

"9 minuets and 26 seconds" Riley replied showing me his phone,

"New record!"

"So what are we gonna see?"

"I was thinking that new horror film...What's it called?"

"Run and hide?"

"YES!! That's it!"

"OMG I can't wait! Let's go!"

****

We caught the bus to the movies. Thank god I had extra change because Riley didn't have enough. Typical.

We sat in our seats, the cinema was packed almost every seat was taken. The crunching of popcorn and the little chitter, chatter soon stopped as the movie began, it was basically about a girl home alone and she hears someone in her house so she panics and calls the police but the "killer" was on the other line, it ends with the girl dead. Like always.

But during the movie I reached into the popcorn and Riley gripped onto my hand holding it tight, I looked up at him, he looked as if he didn't even realize what he was doing. After a while he let go.

"So good movie yeah?"

"Yeah it was alright,"

"What are you doing tomorrow Riley?"

"Nothing, why?"

"Well my family is going to the beach tomorrow, would you like to come?"

"Cool, I'll ask my dad." Then he ran off into his house I unlocked the door and chucked my keys on the table.

"I'm home!" I called all I heard was the tv.

I walked into the living room and found jake asleep on the couch, He must have come back from band practice, and yes my brother is in a band called "walking home" I know right, they have a gig tomorrow night at some club.

I went upstairs and studied for my upcoming Math test, I. HATE. MATH!!!! even more than tofu and I hate tofu.

****

Today is Saturday, yes weekend. I woke up to the sound of my phone beeping.

*i'm coming :) see u in 1 hour."