Chapter 13 -Seismic Waves Part 2-

Start from the beginning

Dick tensed as the woman dropped to his level. He shifted back, a scared squeak emitting from his throat.

"Oh it's alright, you poor baby. You're bleeding so heavily! We have to patch this up right now!" The woman said, somewhat sternly. She gave off motherly vibes, a sense of safety and assurance following her words.

Then absolute terror.

"W-wait! N-no! Please!" He scrambled back, hitting the wall as his leg gave out, thus falling to his hindquarters as his hands flew up to ward the woman away. Where was Slade?! Slade would save him! He knew this trick, this happened before and he had fallen for it! They would pretend to be nice to him, lure him in, and then... and then...

And then he was lifted off the ground without his permission. Dick grunted as fear left him breathless and pain made his mind foggy. Darkness edged his vision and his limbs burned with a fierce cold, his throbbing leg a contradictory broiling hot.

"It's going to be alright child, I'll take care of you." The nice woman said, her voice soft and reassuring.

He writhed, trying to escape her arms and get some type of scream out of his mouth, so far he'd only been able to gasp in pain and choke on his cries. No! Not again! He couldn't be tricked by nice people again! He would never be someone else's toy! He shoved against her as hard as he could. Never again!

"Careful!" The woman cried but he was already falling back to the alley floor.

His head hit the cement first with a resounding 'thunk' and his eyes hadn't even closed when the darkness claimed him.

-0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0-

Dick woke up some time later, wrapped in blankets, with a numb tingly feeling throughout his body. His mind was sluggish and his eyes felt glued shut, everything... everything hurt...

Slade..?

He shifted slightly, testing his muscles and mobility. He frowned as he didn't recognise the surface on which he slept, Slade had pretty limited bed-worthy places in their house. A tiny pained groan left his lips, something heavy was resting on his stomach.

His eyes flew open, panic spiking his tired nerves with adrenaline. Dick sat up straight against his body's wishes, his mind demanding confirmation for his fears.

Two grey-blue eyes blinked slowly, slitted pupils barely moving up to his sudden shift.

Dick heaved a heavy relaxing sigh. It was just the black cat he saved. His eyes got wider as his chest constricted tightly.

Waitwatiwaitwait... the cat... the woman... Where was he?!

"It's alright, you're safe here."

He jumped at her sudden voice, the cat on his lap giving a disapproving garble in its throat. His mind rejected any thought that he was anywhere close to safe right now, he didn't even want to check his surroundings, afraid his horrors would come true.

The woman leaned on the couch cushions, her arms folded as she watched him like some fallen fledgling. It took him a moment to get past his sudden fear to realize she was now unmasked, short black hair crested her head and red lips settled in a small smile. Her green eyes made him feel small, like prey to her predator. He felt the part completely.

"N-no... I won't, I-I won't do it!" The ebony haired boy shouted, his hands fisting as tears gathered in his cerulean blue eyes. Slade! Where was Slade!?