Chapter Nine: The Gate

A/N: this whole chapter got fucking DELETED (it was like 3000 fuckin words i stg imma loose my mind. and now it's even more than that. idk how they worked but oof)i had to rewrite it. i'm like,,,, fuming why tf did that happen. this probably won't be as good as the first time i write it but i hope you guys still enjoy❤️

"Eleven..." Mike breathed out as he stepped quickly toward Eleven. "Mike..." she gasped as he wrapped his arms around her in a hug that she quickly returned. They both begin crying softly. "Is that..?" Max asked as she turned to look at Lucas. Lucas nodded and Max turned her attention back to the two.

"I never gave up on you" Mike said as he pulled away from the hug. "I called you every night. Every night for-" Eleven cut him off, finishing his sentence. "353 days. I heard"

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" before Eleven could answer, Hopper spoke up. "Because I wouldn't let her" Mike turned around, looking at Hopper, his face full of confusion. "The hell is this? Where have you been?" Hopper asked Eleven as he walked up to her. "Where have you been?" she echoed him before he hugged her.

"You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike yelled as he pushed Hopper. "Hey" Hopper turned and grabbed Mike by the collar of his shirt. "Let's talk. Alone" Hopper said firmly before the two of them walked down the hall to Will's room.

Almost immediately, Lucas and Dustin got into a group hug with Eleven. You watched with a huge smile on your face. "We missed you" Lucas said. "I missed you too" Eleven replied. "We talk about you pretty much every day" Dustin said with a smile before they pulled away from the hug.

Eleven stared at Dustin for a moment before pointing to his mouth. "Teeth" she said, which almost made you burst out laughing. "What?" Dustin asked. "You have teeth" Dustin smiled to Lucas, who smiled widely back. "Oh! You like these pearls?" Dustin did his weird purring noise and Eleven looked surprised.

Eleven then turned to you, a small smile forming on her face. You smile back as you walk toward her, engulfing her in a tight hug. "I missed you so much" you whispered into her hair. "I missed you too" she said before pulling away from the hug and smiling up at you.

"Eleven?" you heard Max's voice from behind you. Max walked up to Eleven. "Hey. Um, I'm Max" Max stuck her hand out for a handshake. "I've heard a lot about you" Eleven ignored Max, brushing past her and going straight into the arms of Joyce, who hugs her tightly.

"Hey sweetheart" Joyce said as Eleven cried softly. Eleven pulled away from the hug and Joyce sniffled. "Can I see him?" Joyce nodded before leading Eleven down the hall.

Max turned to you. "Why did she do that?" you only shrugged, not wanting to tell Max the whole truth. "She's not great with new people" Max seemed to accept your answer.

After a minute or so, Joyce and Eleven walked back out, heading straight to the table. "You opened this gate before, right?" Joyce pointed to the note that said "CLOSE GATE" that had been written earlier. "Yes" Eleven said. "Do you think if we get you back there, that you could close it?" Eleven nodded.

It only took a minute to gather everyone around the table. "It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs" Hopper explained. "Demo-dogs" you wanted to smack your brother upside the head, but you were unfortunately on the other side of the table. "I'm sorry what?" Hopper asked, confused. "I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass-" Hopper cut off Dustin, raising his voice. "How is this important right now?" Dustin turned around and looked down at the table. "It's not. I'm sorry"