a lucky duck

Oh oh oh. I'm so sorry my people.

Peter was done. Finished. Annoyed at life, ect. His day had gone from terrible to even more terrible. Just when he thought he could go no lower, Tony effing Stark had to show up. Wait. Wait. Wait. CONTEXT! Let's go back about, what, three days?

**Back-Back-Back**

Prolouge:

Peter was having a good day, a good week even. No major attacks on his city, no bad tests, nothing to ruin his time. He was getting enough sleep, enough free time, and most of all, time to spend with his boyfriend, Tony Stark. Tony would pick him up from school whenever he could. They would go to the lab and work on the suits, as well as- ya know- you don't need to know the details... Anyway, Peter was at Academic Decathlon practice when it all when downhill,and fast.

Peter POV:

"Hey! Idiots!," MJ walks in holding Gwens' hand. "Look alive. look alert." She glances at the table where everyone is sitting.

"Hey, MJ," we all look at her as she makes the signature movement to keep the silence.

"Okay Nerds. guess where we get to go!" She stares at us with a glint of excitement that is very unlike her.

"The empire state building," Flash blurts loudly. MJ stifles a laugh and shakes her head. I raise my hand then say, "the 911 Memorial? The Lincoln Monument?" She laughs for real this time and shakes her head harder,

"You guys need to dream bigger!" MJ says as Gwen giggles. "We are touring the one and only... STARK INDUSTRIES." I die. No, that's a lie. I fall out of my chair and sink to the floor in disbelief. This has to be the work of the worlds clingiest boyfriend. no way. Everyone else is going crazy. Ned is going in circles, walking around the room as fast as he can. MJ has dropped Gwen's hand and picked up her camera, no doubt now getting model pictures for one of her sketchpads. Her eyes passed over all of us until she settled on me. I meanwhile, was wearing an expression (as I was later shown a picture) of disbelief, anger, and love. I guess disbelief that a random club would get to tour stark tower. Anger that it was probably the doing of Tony. Love because, well, it was Tony. But Tony is also an arrogant idiot, so it evens out. I'm shook out of me thought process by MJ tapping me on my nose.

"Earth to weirdo," she looks at me with vague concern. "What-cha thinking about?"

"Oh. Sorry!," I recover quickly. "Just in shock I guess." She just nods and looks away. I cover up my mixed emotions and accept the permission slip given to me. Suddenly,Flash is bumping into me with his shoulder, mouth curved into a satanic smile *like demonic, but scarier...* All he does is hold up the permission slip and whisper into my ear, "Ready to be exposed s a liar Penis-Parker?" He is way to close for comfort. The only people aloud this close are Ned and Tony. May used to be one of those people, but ever since she died, I've lost comfort in the thought of her hugs. "Ready for everyone else in your life to hate you? Isn't that why your dear auntie took some pills? To get away from you?" He widens his eyes in mock pity. "Poor Penis-Parker. All alone. Probably living on the streets now that you family left you. Boo-hoo." No one has noticed that this verbal abuse is happening.I look into Flash's eyes and weakly push him away.

"Personal space invader much?" I say, in a tome that hides my sadness. What he said wasn't true. May died because she didn't want to live without Uncle Ben. She said so in her letter. My parents died in a plane crash. They loved me, Right? I quickly pick up my bag, permission slip, and phone and walk away from Flash and the room, shivering slightly, which barely covers all the grief built up inside me. I pick up the pace and trot into the parking lot, barely able to hold in the tears. Tony cant know about this bullying. He would go ballistic x100. I see a car chilling in the pickup line, the licence plate reading "YOOHOO7", which tells me that it is Happy picking me up today, since Tony is probably busyTM at the press conference scheduled for today. I sigh in relief, since I'll have time to calm myself down and get under control.