A day away

After he left mum yelled at me. She gave me a lecture on how I should grow up. I am so sick of her. But I feel so sorry for Gemma because she has to listen to all of this. Gemma sat down next to me on my bed.

"Do you like him?" I whispered to Gemma

"Who?" She questioned.

"Richard," I said

"I miss dad," she began "But I don't really mind if Richard makes mum happy." I can't believe how childish I have been. She is 8 and I am 16! She is already growing up.

"Hey, do you want to go to the beach tomorrow? You know just you and me we can pack bacon sandwiches, have some rainbow billabongs." Gemma gasped with excitement.

That night I slept with Gemma. I dreamt about mum and dad and how Richard had smiled at me. I made me shiver. There was something about him. Something off putting.

That morning I woke up and the sun was even more bright than yesterday. Gemma was so excited she was up and ready before I could even put on my dressing gown.

"Becky Becky! Can you do my hair in a fishtail braid like you sometimes do. I nodded. I neatly plated her sandy blonde hair into a fishtail. I loved the way her fringe fell out of the plat and onto her cute face. She put on a beautiful white dress with neon yellow lemon quarters on it. It has puffy sleeves and matched her hair. I had my hair in a messy bun with a pineapple jump-suite with Pom poms on the end. We packed our bacon sandwiches in a bag and headed out the door. We walked down to thee beach and finally got there. I lied on the sand and Gemma started building a sandcastle.

"Becky! Can I go pat the dog?" She gasped. I looked up and removed my sunnies to find a giant white fluffy dog on the other side of the beach. About 20 meters away.

"Make sure it's friendly and come straight back!" I said as Gemma had already began running towards the dog. Just as she began approaching the lady, something hit me on the back of the head.

"Hey you!" Yelled a group of people. "Give us our beach ball!" Stupid immature 14 year olds. I threw them back the beach ball and turned instantly back to Gemma. But she wasn't there.