Meeting Richard

I was still rather hungry thanks to Gemma, But I decided that I would wait until lunch. I began running up the stairs to go call Halley my best friend, when my mum stopped me.

"Rebecca sweetie, go put this box in the car, I need to drop them to your father." Mum smiled.

"Of course mum." I said as She handed me the box. As I walked out to the car I quickly looked at what mum had handed me. Mostly love letters and photos. Mum and dad only divorced 2 weeks ago and already they had demolished any memory of each other. That's why Gemma has been having ' bad dreams ' . I think she is relying on me much more since only mum is around anymore. I'm all she has. But unfortunately that's not much. I put the box into the car and walked back up the driveway.

"Thanks sweetie," mum said. I was happy to do anything for her though. She has been running earns like crazy ever since dad left. I try not to mention it because it always hurts. Mum came back into the living room balancing two baskets of laundry I was about to go upstairs again when there cam a knock at the door.

"Nicole?" Asked the voice from the door. I instantly knew someone was there for mum. Mum shoved the baskets into my arms as I desperately tried not to spill all the clothes. She ran to the door and opened it with a strange voice. A voice of hers I have never heard before. It almost sounded plastic. Fake.

"Hello honey!" Mum said joyfully she opened the door fully revealing a man who was tall, and scary looking. He gave her a kiss on the lips. I gasped as I dropped the laundry on the floor. They both stared at me and mum had an angry look on her face.

"Mummy," I said putting on the best fake smile I could. "Who is this?" Mum went to speak but the man interrupted her

"I am Richard," he began "your mothers future husband!" He said cheerfully. They both began smiling and laughing to each other. My jaw dropped to the floor.

"No fucking way!" I screamed. My mother glared at me.

"How dare you" she screamed at me

"No, no it's okay I understand." Richard said to my mother. I ran forward and pushed him out the door.

" Excuse me, but my mother already has a husband! And Gemma and I already have a dad! We don't need you!" I scowled at him as I slammed the door right in his face. I didn't even look at my mum. I couldn't, now she is acting pathetic. I ran upstairs with water running down faster than my mascara. I slammed my bedroom door and collapsed head in my knees.