The Rrrrrr Machine (a Storm tail)

The Rrrrrr Machine

During one of my morning strolls across the counter, I made an amazing discovery. Now we all know that this happened while Mom and Dad were gone. It is also important to know that this has become part of my morning routine to make sure all is as it should be in the house.

I first check out anything new at the far end of the counter. That's where Mom puts her stuff. If anything there moves, then in my opinion it has been left for me as a toy. If it goes to the floor then the fun really begins, until it ends up under the fridge or stove. 

Mom or Dad really need to clean out under there. There are some real treasures under there. 

Back to the counter. Check out the fruit bowl. How they can eat that crap is beyond me? It stinks.

Check the coffee corner. I eventually learned that the foul smelling, disgusting dark slop that they drink every morning is called, coffee. Apparently most humans can't begin their day without drinking it. Yuk. Coffee bean. Let's see if I can get it under the fridge from here.

Bingo. Storm rocks.

Now the stove. Yep, everything seems to be as it should be. That was my routine, that fateful day. I was just getting ready to jump, when I heard it.

The Rrrrrr Machine.

I have to admit that it startled me a little at first.

Stop laughing Uncle Shadow.

Ok, it terrified me. I jumped down and ran into the basement, but I returned a few moments later.

Uncle Shadow, I'm gonna nip your heels.

Ok, so I stayed in the basement a little longer. Maybe a couple hours.

Anyway I did come back up and jumped back on the counter. There at the edge of the sink it stood; The Rrrrrr Machine.

Now being a cat, the first thing I have to do is sniff it. I can't really describe the smell but it wasn't as disgusting as coffee. It was when I sniffed the front that it happened.

There was that Rrrrrr sound and something hit my nose. I jumped back, flicked my head and licked my nose. OMG. It tasted horrible. I can't describe the taste, but maybe that's what coffee tastes like.

Now, the war is on. Nothing drops crappy tasting sludge on my nose.

I inched closer.

Closer.

Closer.

My nose was almost touching the piece on the front.

Suddenly...

Rrrrrr.

I jumped back in time and something fell into the sink. I sniffed, put two paws in the sink, got closer, sniffed again. That smells the same. I tasted. YUK! Yep, that's it.

I sat looking at it for several moments and then I made a decision. Even though Mom and Dad drink coffee, I can't let them be exposed to this disgusting vile.

So, for the next while, the next long while, I played cat and mouse with the Rrrrrr Machine until finally, it Rrrrrred no more.

I was sure Mom and Dad would be so proud of me. And I was right. When they got home again, they both stood at the sink and laughed. Dad looked at me, "Storm?"

Yep, it was me. I sat so proud and tall. I had defeated the Rrrrrr Machine and saved the day.

The Rrrrrr Machine. 

It Rrrrrred no more.

Paw note : I learned later that the Rrrrrr Machine was something they called a soap dispenser. Apparently humans need this vile liquid to help them wash. Talk about backward.