First Kiss

Plot: Regina Mills was so heartbroken when Robin Hood rushed into Marian’s arms the moment he saw her. Their reunion seemed to be the end of Regina's short-lived second chance at happiness.

                o-o

                From a foot from her, there she saw Robin Hood, her supposed to be soul mate with the woman from the past, Marian, his wife. They were joined by their boy, Roland, the little family being reunited must have touched other people’s hearts, but not Regina’s. Alone at Granny’s diner, she must have been the only one dissatisfied with their reunion. She wanted to scream, she wanted to rip a heart from someone’s chest, she wanted to throw fireballs all over the place, but she didn’t. She knows better now. Or at least, she thought that she knows better now, because she has changed. She is no longer the woman they used to call as the “Evil Queen”, she is Regina Mills. Instead of acting out from her anger, she turned her back from everyone and bolted through the door.

                She walked fast and she’s so upset that no one dared to follow her. Not even Emma, not Robin, not Henry. She’s no longer the Evil Queen but she was still miserable. Alone. And as she walked farther and farther from the diner, she has never felt so cold. With tears rolling down her cheeks and the breeze of icy air that blows her hair, her knees were shaking. She stopped at a corner and sat on the cold cemented floor, she buried her face onto her cupped hands and sobbed uncontrollably. It was a dark, silent, cold night and all that is left is Regina’s misery. She wept for what seemed to be an eternity and when she found her strength to stand up, she noticed something. It could probably be there even before she came but she was too hurt to realize it. The road was actually frozen. She followed the ice-covered path and walked through it out of her curiosity. After a few minutes, it led her to the place where she fought against Zelena. Earlier that day she was with a team, she was even a hero. But not now, she was just lone and wretched. She stepped closer and before she knew it, the portal worked some magic and sucked her through it. Regina felt the urge to fight, to use sorcery and save herself, but she didn’t.

Maybe this is how it’s meant to be. Maybe I need to learn that life isn’t about winning. I’m already tired of all the battles I fought. My heart is heavy with vengeance and grudge that I held on for so long. Maybe death is easier. Maybe losing is what I am meant for. Nothing to hold on to but this evil inside me. And I’m worn-out, maybe it’s time to say goodbye. Although when I’m gone, I will just be another passing woman no one will miss. That was all there is on her mind. Then she closed her eyes and let herself be drifted to what she expected to be her death.

“Regina? Regina?” a soft voice mumbled beside her.

She was awakened by the sound of a little girl calling her name. She was surprised to hear that voice, it was familiar and threatening at the same time.

“Are you alright?” The girl asked.

Regina was still stunned on what’s before her eyes, that girl. All she managed to do is to nod and then she attempted to sit upright.

“What happened to you? And why are you dressed so… differently? And your hair too… it’s shorter.”

Time travel? Regina asked herself. Not wanting to cause further confusion and suspicion, Regina changed the subject by asking the little girl. “And why is the princess alone, in the woods?”

“I just want to get back on my horse, as you told me to.”

In that instant, Regina felt the sudden heat on her head, like fire is flowing in her veins, her temples were beating strongly, then she clenched her teeth. This is where it all started. I should have let this girl die in that horse. Seeing the girl, Regina could not stop herself from feeling what she used to feel. It’s all coming back to her now, slowly, the anger is consuming her.

“Snow White, dear, you must not ride your horse when you’re alone. We don’t want you to get hurt, do we?” Regina flashed a smile as she touched Snow’s face. “Now go home and ask someone to accompany you.”

“How about you?” Little Snow White asked.

“I’d be home before you know it.”

“Will you tell father that you’re not going to marry him because it’s Daniel that you love?

“I will tell him, tonight. So keep it a secret dear, don’t tell it to anyone. Especially not to my mother.”

“I promise.” Snow smiled at her and she walked towards the Mill’s place.

So much for your promisse, Snow. I would have told her not to tell anyone that she saw me here, but I know that she wouldn’t be able to shut her mouth.

She snapped her fingers and out of the purple smoke, she changed her appearance. Longer hair on braids, in her horse-riding outfit. Then she only thought of one place to go.

To the stables. Daniel.

                o-o

                She rushed to the stables hoping to see someone, the man she first loved, the stable boy who first stole her heart, her first kiss. And as she entered the stables, there she saw, the guy she was longing to see. For a second, she forgot about everything else, everything, including Robin Hood. Her mind was almost empty, except Daniel was on it. She was just there, standing still, staring at him, watching him, and before she knew it, he was staring back at her, smiling.

He already felt the presence of somebody even without seeing Regina in the room, he knows the stables so well that he could tell whether another person is around. Although he didn’t quite anticipate Regina to be there, he was overjoyed. His heart was pounding from delight, he already knew that the King had proposed to her and her mother accepted in her behalf. So seeing her was the last thing she expected but everything he hoped for. He ran to her and lifted her by her hips, she was smiling but she almost fell, she had forgotten how it was to be raised by him. But his hard-muscled arms and strong grip made it impossible for her to fall, he twirled twice, looking only on her face, holding his Queen. And she was just looking on his face, drawing him on her mind, knowing what’s going to happen tonight. Cora will rip his heart out, her smile turned into a sudden frown.

Daniel put her down and uttered, “I miss you,” and he pressed his lips against hers. Regina was quite stunned, her eyes wide open, forgetting how his lips felt on hers, trying to remember their first kiss. It has been so long, but now, now she’s with him.

“I miss you too,” Regina replied. “I miss you so much,” then tears began to well up from the corner of her eyes.

“I’ve heard the news,” he whispered. “You’re going to marry the King?” He asked, although he already knew the answer. Regina could never disobey her mother.

“I’m supposed to…” she answered. “But I don’t want to.”

“Neither do I. But can you break your mother’s acceptance of the marriage?” He asked to which Regina didn’t respond. She just looked down and held his hands. He released his right hand from Regina’s grip, held her chin and lifted it up then he suggested, “Let’s elope tonight.”

“No,” she answered. Daniel’s face couldn’t be painted. She held his face, her hands on both sides of his cheeks and said, “Let’s elope, now.” And within a second, they disappeared within a purple smoke.

P.S. What can you say about it? :) Leave comments and kindly vote for it, thank you for reading!