"I can't. Pie needs me. She's been far away these past few weeks because of her dad's death. I want to make it up with her by being there."

"Truly romantic." Conan nudged Kim. "So, I guess I'll see you after two years?"

Kim nodded. She offered her right hand. "Congrats, bud. What can I say? Stay alive. I heard lots of new members die even during training."

Conan shook Kim's hand. "Thanks. I wouldn't have made it without support and inspiration from you."

It was Kim's turn to nudge Conan. "I can't wait to see you in that SAU suit."

Conan smiled. "You're doing the right thing, Kim. She needs you now more than ever."

"I know. Say, why don't we start packing now?"

---

"Did you regret choosing to be with her, Cap?" asked Yam.

"I didn't," said Kim right away. "Yes, I wanted to join SAU but given that type of choices, I'd still choose her."

"So, you did take your vacation leave?" asked Zee.

"Yup, I did. But instead of staying in her house like what I usually do, I've decided to book a room in a hotel for the whole month. I don't want to stir anything with her mom that might affect ex more. Besides, she's already working in the AEF hospital that time. I don't want to take her much far away because I know she likes to help people too."

"And?"

"It felt different when she picked me up from the airport. She's still sweet. I felt that she still missed me. But something about her has changed. Our usual noisy drives turned into silent one, with her being in the phone most of the time," said Kim. "I thought it's because she's just mad at me or what. But when we finally got into my hotel room, that's when I found out why."

---

Kim was bolted back to reality when she heard a vibration on the bedside table. She reached for Pie's phone and noticed that a person by the name of Doctor Peter Denman is calling.

Kim put the phone down thinking that it's work related stuff. Besides, Pie's still in the shower room and can answer the phone herself once she's done.

However, the call didn't stop. The said doctor kept on calling Pie. Kim doesn't know why but something tells her that it's odd behavior. She stared at Pie's phone screen until the call stopped.

Kim doesn't really like checking Pie's phone. However, curiosity kicked in when a text message from the doctor came in. She opened it and felt more nervous.

"Hey. Why aren't you answering my calls? I'm worried."

With the way the guy approached Pie, Kim knew that something is going on between the two. There was no message history from that guy, which means that Pie might've deleted it. Apparently, the guy doesn't seem to have any idea that Pie has a girlfriend and thought that he could call her anytime he wants to.

Kim felt her face heating up and felt angry when Pie stepped out of the bathroom in with a towel wrapped around her body.

"Hey, Honey, I'm hungry. Can you please order room service?" said Pie, looking into the mirror, not having a single idea of what's happening.

"Who's Doctor Peter Denman?"

Pie's body jerked a little. Her mood changed. "He's a doctor in the hospital I'm working. Why?" she asked, still looking at the mirror.