FRIENDS

After Conan told her that Pie wants to transfer rooms, Kim had totally lost hope. She felt awkward being in their room more than ever. And because of that, she tried avoiding Pie more by leaving their room too early and coming back in too late just before their curfew.

Sometimes she comes home seeing Pie already sleeping. But on days that Pie is still wide awake, Kim's strategy is to go for a quick shower before heading to bed without talking to her roommate. This is the best solution Kim could think of so Pie won't feel awkward around her.

"It's just for one school year," she keeps telling herself. "Next year she'll have the chance to transfer rooms."

It was one of those nights when Kim came home late. Just after she opened the room door, Pie went out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around her body.

Seeing the shocked expression on Pie's face, Kim immediately closed the door behind her. "I-I'm sorry," she said, looking down at the floor while walking towards her closet. "I'm gonna take a quick shower so you can change here."

Kim grabbed all the clothes she could and swiftly walked to the bathroom, passing by Pie.

"Kim..."

Kim felt her heart flutter with the sound of Pie's voice calling her name. She turned around to the lady. "Yes?"

"Are you... are you avoiding me...?"

Kim opened her mouth to say something. However, seeing Pie's almost naked body distracts her thoughts. She tried to focus her eyes on the other woman's face, but she can't help noticing Pie's exposed shoulder and neck. The messy bun on Pie's hair isn't helping as well as it just adds up to her hotness.

"Kim, are you okay?"

Kim almost smacked herself for acting like that. But she needs to get out of the situation first. "I... uh... I'll take a shower first. Let's talk later." Without waiting for any response from Pie, she went in the bathroom and locked the door.

---

Kim slumped back on the passenger's seat, finally feeling relieved that they are out on the field now.

"Wow, you look like you just got out of the trial room, Cap," said Zee who's on the driver's seat. "Is she still making you nervous?"

Kim simply smiled without saying anything.

"Hey, what's up, guys?" said Conan, sticking her head out between Zee and Kim. "Having a private conversation here while Yam and I are just sitting behind you?"

"Yeah. You three, including you Cap, have been acting weird. What's up?" it was Yam's turn to ask.

The three friends looked at each other. Kim gestured not to tell Yam who Pie really is. All SAU missions are being monitored real-time. She doesn't want to cause a commotion in the Control Room especially that Pie and her mom is there.

Zee nodded, and Conan settled back on her chair.

"We were just talking about Captain's first love, Yam," said Zee, making Kim and Conan look at her with bulging eyes. "We've known her for years but this morning, during lunch, was the first time she ever talked about it."

Yam scooted closer, feeling more curious. "Wow. Interesting! So, what about it?"

"C'mon, guys, I'm not going to talk about my personal life with you, not on this trip," said Kim lazily.

"You don't have to tell us, Cap. Conan can tell us. Right, man?" said Zee, quickly glancing at Conan from the back.

"Yeah, it'll be my pleasure," said Conan, smirking. "I was lucky enough to witness how it blossomed."