EMERGENCY

"What! You ARE friends with that hot doctor?" asked Zee, her voice echoing in the headquarters' canteen.

Conan, another short-haired woman who's sitting in front of Zee, gestured her hand, telling the latter to lower her voice. "We're close friends with her because we went to the same university together. Jane's best friend is also Cap's ex-girlfriend."

Zee still couldn't hide the shock in her face. "But did you date her in the past, Conan?"

"Of course not. Just because I'm Kim's friend it doesn't mean I need to date her girlfriend's best friend too, right?"

"But you don't want to date her, do you?"

Conan laughed. "C'mon, Zee. I do have a girlfriend!"

"I'm just making sure. Your girlfriend lives far away. Who knows, maybe you want another one."

"Conan's not like you, Zee," said Kim, drinking from her water glass. "Her relationship with Hongyok is far better than any of the relationships we've had. NanHongyok already stood the test of distance."

"Does that mean that I can start making my move to woo the doctor?" asked Zee, looking more excited now.

"You can. But I wish you good luck. That woman is married to her work," said Kim.

"And she doesn't like people who just want to fool around," added Conan, pointing at Zee. "If you really want to date her, you've got to be damn serious about it."

"And before you make your move, you have to consider that we're going to be assigned in the south after our vacation leaves," said Kim before taking a bite of her sandwich. "The chances of seeing her after that is really slim."

Zee slumped back on her chair, dejected. "You're right. It's really hard to find a girlfriend if you're part of SAU. Conan is just so lucky to have a patient Hongyok always waiting for her."

"Maybe you should find a girlfriend in SAU instead," suggested Kim.

"Ugh. I want someone who's not involved in killing Evens," said Zee, scrunching up her face. "Maybe I should find one this vacation."

Conan shifted to her left to face Kim. "Speaking of vacation leaves, what are your plans? It's going to be a one-month break. Don't tell me you're going to spend it here in headquarters while waiting for our reassignment?"

"That's what I'm hoping for," said Kim.

"Kim, you can always come with me, you know that," said Conan. "You're more than welcome to stay at my house. My mom will love to have you again."

"I... I don't know, dude..."

Conan looked at Zee for help. "Aish. So stubborn. Zee, you convince this kid."

Zee obeyed right away. "Captain, Conan's right. You need to go out. It was the doctor's advice too, right? You need to have fun. Get laid."

"Oh, my gosh," said Kim, covering her face. "We're not going to talk about my sex life again, Zee."

"I'm just concerned about you," said Zee, not affected by Kim's embarrassment. "When was the last time you touched a girl? Are you satisfied with just touching yourself?"

Kim waved her hands in front of her due to embarrassment. "Oh, c'mon, Zee. Will you drop the topic now?"

"But Zee has a point, Kim," said Conan, shifting sideways to face her. "It's not just about sex though, you just need to go out, mingle, and who knows, maybe find a new girlfriend?"

"But there was a girl in your town, Conan. Remember the first and last time we convinced Kim to come with you? She hooked up with a girl, right?" asked Zee, making gestures with her hands.