She cheated on Jongin.

It was only a kiss.

It didn't mean anything. She was lonely. Jongin was never there any more. She was looking for something and Jisoo had been nice to her. Jennie had taken advantage of her.

It was only a kiss.

She cheated on Jongin. How could she?

She was just looking for some closeness. She was lost, and she needed Jongin to find her.

It was only a kiss.

It was the most amazing kiss of her whole life.

Oh God, she'd cheated on Jongin and she wanted to do it again. She wanted closeness, but she didn't want Jongin. She wanted Jisoo.

She couldn't do this. She couldn't.

She wanted to. Jisoo was all she could think about.

She'd cheated.

She couldn't do this. She couldn't.

She was started out of the endless repetition in her thoughts by her daughter tugging on her arm with a confused look on her face.

"I'm hungry," the little girl signed. "Can we have dinner?"

"Sure," Jennie signed and said back. "What do you want?" She was more grateful for the distraction than she could have expressed.

"Hot dogs." The light in Elly's eyes switched on at the thought. "And ice-cream"

Jennie chuckled. "At the same time?" she signed.

"No, silly," Elly giggled as she motioned the words. "Ice-cream goes after!"

"You sure?" Jennie teased. "I can make you hot dogs with ketchup and ice-cream sauce?"

Elly wrinkled her nose in disgust. "NO!" She was emphatic. "Just hot dogs with ketchup." She frowned, looking adorable. "Then ice-cream."

"Okay, okay." Jennie raised her hands in mock-submission. "Hot dogs it is."

The hot dogs went well. Elly helped, which was always a riot, and Jennie couldn't help grinning later as she wiped the ketchup off her daughter's cheek.

By the time that bath time, story time and bed time were over, Jennie was exhausted. She always loved spending time with her daughter but today it had been a necessity.

The rest of her life was spinning round her like a crazy tornado and the little girl was the only thing that was solid and real. Jennie pulled herself to bed with the last of her energy and wondered if she'd wake up in Oz.

She felt Jongin hit the bed next to her sometime in the middle of the night. He woke her up but she kept her eyes closed. She needn't have bothered since his snores were echoing around the room within moments. Closing her eyes, she tried to get back to sleep and prayed her dreams wouldn't betray her any further.

Waking on Sunday was no picnic. She had been exhausted enough that she had slept through Jongin leaving for work, and it was only her daughter jumping on her excitedly that had woken her up. Grumbling unnecessarily, she got them ready to go to Jennie's parents' house. Jennie had no idea how she was going to face her mother with her thoughts in a maelstrom as they were, but she had to make the effort anyway. Elly was excited: she loved her grandparents.

Truth be told, they were great grandparents. They were great parents, but the way her mother stared at her sometimes made Jennie nervous. It was like Mrs. Kim could see inside her daughter's brain and pick out her most intimate thoughts. At the moment, Jennie was less than keen for her mother to read her mind. Still, it was too late now, as they were almost there.