FEELINGS

"Wow. You two killed one of those monsters when you were only cadets? That's really amazing!" said Zee.

"But it was just luck that we got out alive," said Conan. "I got a head injury and a fractured arm because of that. Kim couldn't walk for weeks."

"Still, that's amazing. You two were really brave to come back for that girl. Were there any casualties?" asked Yam.

"Luckily there were none. Could've been me if Conan didn't come back for me," said Kim.

"Awe. Conan's really sweet," said Yam.

"I can't leave you there, bud. After everyone in Dorm A went into the alley, I noticed that there is only one Even around. I knew that the other one could be in the building. That's why I followed you."

"Thanks, bud." Kim fist bumped Conan's.

"But I thought there were four Evens?" asked Zee.

"There were two pairs. One died attacking the Retter Barriers. Two of them attacked Dorm A and the other one attacked in the gymnasium area," said Conan. "SAUs came in right away and killed the three."

"You guys must've been popular in your school that time, huh?" said Yam.

"Well, Kim and I got a reward for that," said Conan, looking at Kim. "After that, better things started happening."

"Like what? Getting girls?" asked Zee.

Conan smiled. "You know, sometimes, jealousy tells us what we really feel towards another person."

---

"What's this?" asked Kim, looking at the paper in front of her. Pie just came back to their room with Jane, the former looking upset. Pie threw a paper on Kim's bed and went on arranging her stuff.

"We got that paper from the admin," said Jane, settling on Pie's side of the bed. Because of Kim's injury, Pie arranged their beds side by side so she could look after Kim easier. "That's the list of people who'd want to be roomed with you next semester."

"With me?" Kim couldn't believe it. The list is long, some names are already written on the back of the paper. "I don't even know these people..."

"Maybe it's because the rumors of Pie transferring to another room is back again. It's the end of school year, you know."

Kim looked at the list again, feeling sad that it'll be just a few days from now before the school ends.

"Who says I'm really transferring rooms?" Pie finally spoke, still looking upset. "I haven't confirmed anything yet, right? Why are they assuming already?"

"You mean you still want to be roomed with Kim next sem?" asked Jane, making Kim look up to them.

"Of course! I bet those girls just want to be roomed with her because of the recent attack that happened." Pie went to Kim and bent down to check the casted leg. "Pim got a list too. A lot of those bitches wanted to be roomed with Conan and Kim."

Jane just laughed at Pie's irritation. Kim couldn't help but smile too.

"How's this? How are you feeling?" asked Pie, still observing the casted leg.

"Just fine. I was just resting here since you left this morning," said Kim. She couldn't do much by herself because of her leg injury. It was Pie who's assisting her.

"Nice. Are you hungry now?"

"A bit."

Pie stood up to get the crutch situated on the well. "Okay. Jane and I will take you to lunch."