Chapter 4

I sighed. I got almost no sleep last night. Thinking about Calem... I knew he was okay now. But I couldn't help but worry. What if he was captured? What if he lost more blood and nobody noticed? What if he turned into a zombie? What if aliens took him away to another galaxy?!...not likely. But I still worried. I looked at Trevor, who was texting Calem on his holocaster. "...thanks." I said to him. Trevor looked up confused. "For what?" I flicked his forehead and he flinched. "for helping me save Calem, stupid." I stuck my tongue out at him and he looked away blushing a bit. "whatever, I only did it to help our leader." I rolled my eyes.

"sure. Whatever, Lil bro." I teased and ruffled his hair. "agh! No! Stop it!" he tried to stop me, so we ended up wrestling by the time Tierno and shauna finally left their rooms. They sweatdropped. "Guys.. Um.." Tierno tried prying us apart, but I wouldn't budge. "saaaay it!" I pestered, Trevor refused. "never!!" I held him down with my foot and pinned his arms down to the ground. "say it. Or I won't get you any new books for a week." Trevor cringed. "not my books! Fine! I did it cause I care! Now let me go!" Trevor struggled and kicked me off him, but hard. I skid across the tiled floor and held my gut in pain. "ow..." i groaned, leaning against a wall for support.

Tierno and Shauna gasped, running to my side. "Nikki! Are you okay?!" Tierno asked Nervously. I nodded slightly, wind knocked out of me, I coughed for a while. Trevor shoved shauna out of his way and kneeled next to me. "I-I'm SO sorry, Nikki! I didn't mean to hurt you.. Honest! Please don't hate me!" he cried shaking me. I smirked and tackled Tierno, Shauna, and Trevor down, they were on a dogpile. I sat on top of them. "revenge." I laughed as they begged me to let them live.

"Nikki, It amazes me how you manage to knock down 3 people at once, even when you got wind knocked out of you."

We all turned to see Calem at the doorway, chuckling. "Calem!" we all dogpiled him, hugging him to death. He laughed and shoved us off. We all fist bumped him.. Well.. I hugged the life out of him. Seriously, he almost stopped breathing. "c'mon, let's go. I really wanna battle this gym leader!" he yanked us all out of the pokemon center, until we were in front of Viola's Gym. "eh.. As much as I'd love to watch you two LOSE... I wanna catch some new pokemon." Trevor shrugged and dragged Tierno and shauna away. "b-but I wanna see the battle!" shauna whined. I sweatdropped, and went in with Calem.

"Hello? We're here for a gym battle!" Calem called out. The ground below us opened and we fell down a slide. Every so often, a spinerak would pop out of nowhere and cause me to scream and cling onto Calem, followed by a deep blush. We eventually landed inside a tent, face first. We both groaned, looking up to see a lady with short, light blonde hair. She had a camera in hand and took our picture. "perfect! I'll put this in my scrap book of people who land in my gym with frowns!" she cooed. I glanced at Calem as we stood up. "we came here for a gym battle, not to have our pictures taken." Calem said annoyed. The lady rolled her eyes and took out a pokeball. "I know that, duh. So let's go to the field. You first, mr attitude!" she pointed to Calem. "Y-YOUR the gym leader?!" he gulped.

[Battle rages on]

"fine. You win this time... Here's your badges." viola handed us each a badge. We had just battled 2 against 1.. And she was tough. But we did it! Yaaay! I squealed and hugged my fennekin, noticing we were on a high platform. I panicked and fell back, off the platform. "GYAH!" I grabbed onto the ledge with my free hand. "A LITTLE HELP?!" I screamed. An Arriados climbed down from its web and I cringed. "OTHER HELP!!" I screamed. Calem rolled his eyes and made me let my hand go, leaping down with me. "thanks viola bye!" he yelled. We both fell. "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" I yelled.

We landed outside the gym from a slide. "are you stupid?" he joked and walked off. I blushed and followed, embarrassed. "Meanie.." I muttered. "I holocasted Trevor, the others will meet us at the next gym city.." Calem explained. I nodded, glancing and seeing a Ralts. I squealed and went out Azurill. After a 5 minute battle, I threw a pokeball and caught it. I turned to tell Calem.. But he was gone. "where did he..." I walked deeper into the route, seeing a beautiful statue. I smiled.. But heard something weird. "HEY! LOOK OUT!" a girl yelled, as I was suddenly rammed into my a Skater.

I groaned as I sat up, and gasped. Skaters all around me. Too Many to count. I stared as I was circled by skaters, unable to escape. "Nikki!" Calem yelled from where I'd came from. "Calem! Help!" I yelped, hugging my knees close to the statue. He managed to get in, and grabbed my hand. "lets get outta here..." Calem said firmly, holding me close as we ran through the skaters. "why does this remind me of something?..."

-flashback of lion king-

"... Oh yeah.. Hah. References."

Once we were safe, we collapsed on the grass, breathing heavily. "why do skaters always come in pairs or groups?!" Calem whined. I giggled and nudged him. "we tried that once. You kept falling over your own foot." I teased. Calem sighed. "you were worse.. Bumping into me." he mumbled as I glared. "whatever... Blamlem." I stuck out my tongue. "hey!" he glared. "pikky!"

"Crybaby Calem!"

"Nikki nine doors!"

"Calmel!"

"Sticky Nikki!"

We stopped.. Then burst out laughing like little kids. "just like old times.. But only a bijillion times better!" I laughed, lightly shoving Calem. He shoved me back. I poked him, he poked back. I poked again, and dodged his poke. I leapt into a tree to avoid his poke. "ok you win, let's go now!" he whined, dragging me down. I sighed. "fine.. Where to next?" Calem stopped walking. He started laughing. "I have no idea!" I sweatdropped and collapsed.