THE NOTES 1 ( 노트 1 )

Start from the beginning

" Good. " Jin nodded back, satisfied with his answer before leaving the hybrid all alone in his house.

After he heard the door shut, Yoongi stared back at the plain black notebook. Everything started because of this, he thought. He gently touched the notebook before opening it on the first page. Quickly, he noted some doodles of different types of characters, trees, and names, along with the name of the owner in the middle of the page.

Jung Hoseok.

" So his full name is Jung Hoseok... " Yoongi could tell the personality of the boy by looking at his various pages of drawings and quotes he apparently liked. He seemed to be a pretty carefree and energetic teenager with a lot of imagination.

After turning another page, he fell on a different sheet of paper. This one contained a date and a small text. Intrigued, the male started reading it.

March 5th, 2015

I didn't hang out with the others today. Sora and Jackson were upset with me since it wasn't the first time, but I've decided to shrug it off. Me, Jung Hoseok, will meet my mother in a few hours after months of researches. I'm sure the others will understand when I tell them the truth, but now it's not the time.

-Jung Hoseok

" It started just as Jin said... " Yoongi looked at the next page, and the text was longer this time.

March 6th, 2015

I met my mother yesterday... It didn't really go as I planned.

I was standing timidly in front of her house and was excited yet scared to knock on her door.

What was my mother going to say?

Will she finally accept me?

I really had no had idea of what was going to happen. A part of me wanted to actually run away, but I simply couldn't, not when I've arrived this far. I've finally grabbed my courage and knocked on the door twice. After a few seconds, a woman opened the door to me.

She greeted me while looking curiously at me.

The first thing that hit me was her voice. It was gentle. I then studied her features and noticed how much I looked like her. Her nose and her heart-shaped lips were like mine. It made me smile and happy.

When I greeted her back, I messily spilled out my identity, stupidly expecting a smile from her or to be taken into a hug. But as I said, it was a stupid thought. Instead, her once silky voice turned cold and vicious. She harshly closed her door to my face, and no matter how many times I knocked on her door, she wouldn't answer.

What did I do wrong?

-Jung Hoseok

Yoongi turned the page without a word and kept reading.

March 8th, 2015

I went to knock on her door again, but she wouldn't answer. I stayed in front of her door the whole afternoon but wasn't able to meet her. The others have been asking what's wrong with me these days, but I'm not able to tell them that my own mother rejected me again.

-Jung Hoseok

March 12th, 2015

I skipped school today and went early in the morning to meet her. I saw her leave her house to check her mails and went immediately to talk to her.

I greeted her with my biggest smile in the hope to receive a positive response from her. But instead, she shot me a glare and scoffed. As she was about to get back to her house, I grabbed her arm and pleaded her.