Kill Spree

"So, what can you play?" I asked. The scrawny boy shrugged.

"Do you even know how to hold a guitar?" Caleb asked. He shrugged, again.

"Why are you here? We need someone to play guitar and you can't do anything. Please leave. You disgrace us." Lacey chimed, sounding completely and utterly (without a doubt) pissed.

"Oh! And send the next one in, Dean." our manager, Penny, requested. The boy hurried of stage and the sound of a slamming door cued Lace in for ranting.

"God dammit! We need a guitar player. Mike plays bass, Caleb's on drums. Hayley can only play the piano. Like a god, might I add. And I can sing. We need a guitarist! Is that to much to ask for! Really. I mean, just try people. Send us a sign, anything!"

"If you would listen to me and just sign with the label, we could have more peopl-" I cut her off.

"We want to make it without a label. We would show people that it just takes work. Seriously, I mean look at us. How far are we? We just own Battle Of The Bands before Jack quit to join Blue Wall. We are YouTube famous. all without a record label. We want to stick to our roots. They would mold us, make us puppets. That isn't us. We are not clones, we are not from Star Wars. W-"

"Count Geekula. Next guy's here." Caleb cut me off, smirking like the spawn he is.

"I'm Ben. And I used to play for Palace Raid. I will be playing Creep by Radiohead." I heard a voice state. I glanced up to see a decent looking guy. I closed my eyes and waited. "Excuse me? Ms.? Aren't you going to listen? Not sleep?" I heard a voice ask. I looked up and saw Ben staring at me.

"It's how she listen's. Says something about hearing with open ears, not judgmental eyes. Very wise. Beyond her years." Lace explained.

"It's because of my TARDIS. How often must I explain that to you? I time travel. I already know how you die... And who kills you, Yello-"

"Calm your geek, Hay. Let the poor boy play." Mike sasses, waltzing into the auditorium.

"You're late." Penny replies looking up from her seat at her boyfriend. He shrugs and jumps over seats landing on top of Caleb. Lacey smiles.

Standing up she screams, "Maleb forever!". Sitting down and smothering her decorated index finger over Caleb's mouth, she motions for Ben to play. He nods and begins. I sit back and fall into a trance. So beautiful.... After a few minutes we huddle.

"Whisper, whisper, whisper." Mike tells us. I look up from the huddle.

"Welcome to the Kill Spree's, Ben."