-. ..- -- -... . .-. 1

Clem starts struggling to get up. I stare, frozen, in the corner, watching her. She gets up and turns to me.
"Louis?"
I try speaking, but it's just useless. She gets on her knees, and I drag myself towards her. I hug her, tightly, and start sobbing. She's a warming presence in the cell, and I want her to stay. Stay with me. I let go, still sobbing.
"What...what did they to you?" She asks, voice unsteady. I smile, kind of like baring my teeth. She reaches for my mouth, but stops.
"No! Don't to that! They... they cut out his tongue. He just kept fucking talking." Aasim says from the cell down the corridor. I twitch slightly, and nod. She stares at me, eyes wide.
"I will make these bastards pay for this, I promise." She whispers.

A flurry of emotions twist my mind.

She's not you friend, she abandoned you, don't trust her.
She's going to get you killed.
She's going to make them mad.
They're going to torture her too.

I whimper and shake my head in dismay. I don't want that. We should cooperate. Minnie has become one of them, but she's right. I don't wanna die. How do I tell this to Clem? I can't.
I hear a loud Clang and rcrawl backwards, but I feel like I should give her the knife back. Laying on the floor, I reach for the knife, grabbing the hilt and sit up. I tap her shoulder and show her the knife.
"Oh thank god, I would be useless without it." She thanks me. I watch as she stands up and starts searching the room. She's come to get me out. She's trying to atone for letting me become this. I forgive her. I want to believe that it was a panic decision, and that she don't mean to. I sit back in the corner, tears on my eyes.
"You'll be home soon." Clem says and I trust her for some reason.

I watch as Clem talks to AJ. Glad they're ok, at least. She's already ready to escape.
"The doors aren't very well made, I could chip away at this sheet." She says to the others before crouching and taking out the knife. I shake my head and look down...

"HEY! Whatever you're doin', DON'T. I promise you it's not worth it." one of the Raiders shouts, kicking the door and sending Clems knife flying to the back of the room.
"She awake?"
"Yes ma'am." I look up to see Lilly through the bars. I make myself smaller, breathing slowly but I let slip some noises. That savage, cruel bitch is the worst of my fears, and I'm not ready to face her in the slightest. I drown them out. At least until the door opens.

I shuffle into a position where I can see what's going on, so that I can't be surprised. Lilly sits on the wood bed, pointing her gun at Clem, but I make no effort to help her. I'm just too scared. My hands shake like a leaf, and I start trying to talk, or to shout, but it's just muffled 'mm's and 'mnm's.
"...So one day, he let the power cut. He liked illustrations, to show that actions have consequences."
Where was the illustration for my tongue? My body twitches and wobbles so I pull myself together and sit up, leaning on the wall.
"So that's what this is, a lesson? You-"
"Alright, let me tell you a story. I'll call it.. 'The parable of the twins." I listen closer.
"Two girls were taken from their homes. They were sad, at first. They missed their old friends. They shed many tears." Sophie's eyes change.
"But the place grew crops and raised pigs, and they are well for the first time in years. They had hot showers, cooked meals. The people were kind to these girls. All that they were asked for in return was that they defend their new home.
"You see, the place had a lot of enemies: thieves and killers who wanted to take away all that they had. Their food, their friends. Even their lives. One of the twins saw that this was a place worth fighting for, and her tears dried.
"But the other twin could never forget her old home. She rejected every gift, stirred up trouble every chance she got. One day, she convinced the other twin to get on a raft and escape from their new home. Of course they didn't get far." Lilly smiles, almost snugly.
"What happened then, Minnie?"

The crossbow wavers in Minnie's hands.
"I killed her." She says.
"What the fuck?!" Aasim speaks first, followed by Omar.
"Tell me it's not true!" Violet shouts.
I make a strange sound, symbolising my untold horror. They've destroyed her, turned her to a monster.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?! You've brainwashed her!" Violet yells.
"So, which twin are you going to be, the loyal one, or the dead one?"
"I'll be the one that's sneak out at nights and slits your throat!" Clem hisses.
"Exactly what I expected. Aurian, take the mouthy out of the cell. They obviously didn't understand the moral of the story." Lilly says coldly.

The other raider slams open the door to Violet's cell.
"Don't hurt her. Or I'll hurt you." I hear AJ's voice.
"You better calm down or you're gonna be hurt!" I hear violet struggle, and see that she drops to the floor.
"Let me fucking go!!" She yells.
"Stay still, the more you move, the more it hurts."
And then I hear her scream in pain.

"You.. fucking.. monster!!" She screams. Lilly stands up and rushes out, but I can't clearly see what's going on.
"AJ! Don't touch him!" Clem shouts, and tries to run, but Minnie presses the crossbow against her forehead.
"Don't touch me! I'll kill you! I'll put a knife to the side of your head! And throw you into the river!" AJ says.
"Big talk for a little guy." Lilly says.
"I know I can! I killed Marlon! And I was justified." He says.
I have lost grip, and I stop focusing, and just hug myself tighter.
"AJ! Don't talk to her! No, don't hurt him!" Clem says hopelessly. I hear the footsteps leading away and the door closing.

I shiver. Minnie killed Sophie, huh. I watch from the corner of my eyes as Minnie and Clem argue. Minnie backs out and I see her take out the knife.
Oh shit. I shake my head and whimper.
"I have to." Clem whispers to me before chipping at the metal sheet.
I hear Violet talking in the background: "Minnie, I just want to talk to you-"
"I know! But this is the only way we survive. If you rebel, you die! The people you love die! So just sit the fuck down and do what they said!" Minnie repeats the same lines. And Clem stands up, pocketing her knife.
"You gave up Minnie! I never will." Clem says finally. I see her run up and ram the door.

I guess we're leaving, but truth be told, I don't want to leave. I'm scared of being useless, if being a barrier, like before. I'm scared of dying. I don't wanna die. I don't want anyone to die.
Why must people die because of me?

————

A/N: I didn't want to have ANs, as it might ruin the story, but decided it might help.
Please remember that, as a small writer, every vote means the world to me, and I would live it if you could vote or give your opinions in the comments. It really gives me real motive.
Thanks, and I hope you are enjoying the story! :)