She tried to pry it off of him only to be taken aback by an alert Karim with a toy gun in his hand pointed at Naima.

"Mama?" A surprised Karim said.

"What's with the gun baby? You know you are safe right? No one will hurt you again. " Naima furrowed her eyebrows.

"I know, but I don't want you to get sad and angry if the bad men come for me again. I don't want you to get hurt like daddy." Karim explained.

"Aww baby, I was sad but I wasn't angry. I love you more than you think. I could never get angry at you for that. And your daddy will be fine, so don't worry your little head about that." Naima tried to make herself believe her own words but she couldn't. She hugged her son tightly and ruffled his hair making him groan in disapproval.

Tawfiq had been in coma since he was shot that day. It was one of Alvarez's men that shot him, from what Naima knew. Bella had gunned down Alvarez not to soon before Tawfiq was shot that night.

Two weeks ago

Naima had been called by a man who had supposedly been in contact with Tawfiq a few hours ago. She had been asleep from the drugs for almost 8 hours already when she was called.

She and Belinda had quickly left the island and gone to the police station on the mainland. Some police officers had already been dispatched there, but after a lot of pleading they allowed them to go to the location with two other policemen.

"They will be fine." Halima said.

"In Shaa Allah. I hope so." Naima held back her tears. Her thoughts had been blocked out by the wails of the police car's siren that she didn't realize they had got to the location.

The second they got there, her eyes scanned the area. It was dark but the lights from the police cars illuminated the place. She could see Dean, Zain and even Nick. Where was Tawfiq and Karim then? She got down of the car with Belinda. That was when she saw Tawfiq coming out of the building with Karim in his hands. She released a breath of relief and smiled happily.... They were okay..... Tawfiq hadn't seen her yet though, but from the way he was looking around, she was sure he was looking for her.

She was about to ran to him when she heard a gun shot. Her eyes turned wide and her breathing cut off as she covered her mouth with her palm to hold her screams back. She stopped when Tawfiq stopped. She could tell he wasn't aware of the fact he had been shot. He even looked confused. He dropped Karim and looked at where he had been shot.

The next thing Naima knew, Tawfiq was falling to the ground. Everyone shouted saying incoherent things. She ran as fast as she could to him but she was too late. She got to him just as Dean got there.

"TAWFIQ!" Dean slid to the ground. He checked his pulse quickly.

"He's alive, Naima keep pressure on the wound! I'm going to make the bastard pay!" Dean took his gun
from the back of his jeans. Naima didn't even bother to stop him. It might be wrong to think this but she hoped Dean would kill the shooter. He deserved to die.

"You can't just die on me!" Naima put his head on her lap. She put her handkerchief on the wound on the side of his stomach. A groan escaped from him as his eyes fluttered open a little.

Halima came by her and took Karim in her hands. Naima had nearly forgotten about Karim.

"Habiba?" Tawfiq said in labored breath.

"Argh!" Tawfiq groaned. He was in pain from the look etched on his face. But he still tried to remain strong.

"Shhhhhhh......Save your breath. Keep your eyes open and on me, okay? For me." Naima pleaded as heavy tears fell from his eyes.