Chapter 1 - His Butler, Adopted

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THIS STORY PLOT, HARRY POTTER, OR BLACK BUTLER. IF I DID I WOULD BE RICH AND TALENTED. DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THIS STORY PLOT, HARRY POTTER, OR BLACK BUTLER. IF I DID I WOULD BE RICH AND TALENTED.

England—Victoria Era, Phantomhive Estate

Vincent and Rachel Phantomhive had been awaiting the arrival of their newborn for over a year; when Ciel was born they were ecstatic. He had inherited Countess Phantomhive's asthma and due to a pre-mature birth was born with a weak heart. Still, he was a happy infant, and his dark hair complemented his sea blue eyes very well. For four years the fragile boy lived happily with his family, until tragedy stuck before his fifth birthday.

Ciel's heart gave out, it was sudden, and Rachel was inconsolable in her grief. The pregnancy had been very difficult on her lungs, and the doctor had advised against another pregnancy. Vincent felt helpless, he had not told any outside of the staff of Ciel's death, and was too caught up in his grief to think on the subject. Although, he continued his duties as Her Majesty's Guard Dog, he felt adrift and powerless inside. Due to their son's poor health, The Phantomhives had thought it best to limit those who interacted with him to themselves and the household staff. As such, not even his aunts had seen him since infancy.

A knock sounded on Earl Phantomhive's office door.

"Enter," Vincent said as he continued in his paperwork. Tanaka stepped into the office of his lord, hold a small child in his arms. The child appeared to be around five years of age, and was cold from being out in the snow for hours. His clothes were quite strange. Vincent looked up and dropped him pen.

"Tanaka, why are you carrying a child?" he asked his head butler.

"He was found in the gardens, my Lord. Passed out from the cold he is, freezing, and we've no idea where he came from. He frightened the maids, sir, as he looks so much like our late young master. I was hoping we could call a doctor for him, he seems in a bad way," said the butler. Vincent nodded.

"I agree, send for the doctor immediately," said Vincent. Tanaka nodded and left with the child. The boy did truly look much like Ciel; Vincent began to get an idea. Strange as it was, but he would have wait and see.

Three days passed before the child awoke, the doctor had said the boy had a dangerous fever that seemed to have damaged his lungs. He'd have asthma, if he survived. Survive the boy did, when Countess Phantomhive laid eyes upon the child she called him Ciel and refused to leave his side. Vincent did not correct her; if she wished to believe this was their son, Vincent would allow her to. Regardless, Rachel was asleep when the boy awoke.

"Good morning, you've slept for three days, little boy. How are you feeling?" said Vincent. He'd come to check on his wife and the child, as he had every morning for the last three days. He felt his breath catch in his throat. The boy's eyes were a deep green, with swirls of a strange blue in them. He felt as if he were staring at the ghost of his son. The boy looked confused, and sheepish.

"I'm so-sorry, sir. I didn' mean ta be a bover," said the boy with big eyes. He even sounded similar to Ciel, his lisp near identical.

"We were actually quite worried for you," Vincent said after a moment. "The doctor says you were out there in the cold for a long time, he's surprised you even survived. Your lungs were hurt by the fever the cold gave you. What is your name, little boy?"