chapter 9

Raini's POV, written by Rachel

------------------------------------------------------

Written by Rachel-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I carved out little squares, it was quite easy actually. I got some wood from Iris' junk pile upstairs, and I got a knife(muah ha ha)until finally I was done with that. I scooped some different shades of lipstick from Iris, into three of the squares, then did the same with eyeshadow. Half-way through making the blush brush however, Iris said she needed to go grab something.

"Okay!" I replied, pleased she was feeling better. I grabbed some yarn and cut the tiniest micro-threads, and carefully put each one on the carefully carved wooden stick. But after, like, three threads I got impatient and stopped. But I needed to get the presents done anyways. I got out some red and black markers, deciding to make Chuck's t-shirt. Despite what happened with me and Corbin, I was in a rather good mood. I hummed to myself as I penciled out the words "Panic at the disco" in intricate writing. After coloring it off, I stood up to look at my handi-work. I was already done with Iris' slippers, but I would have to wait for the power to come back on to make Parker's present.

"My mom found out okay!" I heard Chuck yell at someone out of nowhere, cocking my head up I listened. I'll bet anything Chuck is arguing with Iris. Wait a minute.

"Then why did you break up with me?" yep, that was Iris. I heard Chuck say something else, but I couldn't make it out. Eavesdropping for the second time this day, I opened the door and went out, hoping to find out what Chuck meant.

"I don't want to hear it, okay!" I heard Iris scream at Chuck. I narrowed my eyes, what was going on? I turned around, decispding it was none odpf my bees-wax, but I heard Chuck come up behind me.

"I bet you're trying to find out about that," he said curtly. Startled, I jumped in surprise, but tucked a hair behind my ear, like I do every time I'm nervous.

"Well actually yeah," I said truthfully. Chuck glared at the floor, then sat down, criss-cross. He sighed, and I sat down too, imatating Chuck's position.

"Mom," Chuck started, "didn't know me and Iris were dating," I opened my mouth in surprise, Chuck went on, "you don't know this but mom had a rule about me dating. Not you though. Until. . .until," Chuck sighed again, "it was Iris' and I's anniversary, and I had made a reservation for 'casa blanc,' you know, that french resturant," I nodded, "well, something went wrong, and Mom somehow found out about it. She got so angry at me. She stormed into my room, I had just gotten in my suit, ready to lie to mom about where I was going and. . ." >flashback<

"What's this reservation?"

"What do you mean?" I(told in Chuck's POV) pretended to look confused.

"You know exactly what I mean, are you dating someone?" my mother could see the regret in my eyes, "Chuck, are you dating someone?" she asked again more harshly. I paused, racking my brain to find away out of this, there was none though.

"Yeah," I said quietly, my mother's lip trembled.

"Who?" she asked the question I feared she would find out about for so long..

"Iris," I said, in the same quiet voice.

"You know my rule," she said in a voice nearly as quiet as mine, "you know what I told you," she paused, "break up with her," my throat went dry.

"What?" I croaked.

"You heard me, break up with her, right now," I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

"Mom I-"

"RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN!" she screamed at me.

"Okay be right back," I mumbled. I stood up but she blocked me.

"Oh no, when I say right now, I don't mean go over and date in secret. . .not on my watch. Right now, call her, no, don't even call her, I don't know how you two communicate, text her," I opened my mouth.

"Mom, I can't do that, that awfu-"

"Chuck," she interrupted me with clenched teeth, tears now fulled my eyes.

"I love her," I whispered, and mom glared at me.

"Do you now?" she asked, My tears had stopped, this was too much for me to cry, this couldn't be real, this can't.

'Hey Iris, umm, look there's something I've got to tell you," I texted Iris with shaking hands, tears now spilling out of my eyes. >flashback over<

I gasped in surprise, it was like my world had turned upside down. Chuck had his face buried in his hands.

"Chuck," that was all I said. I couldn't stand this, there way too much drama going on. I stood up, determined to make everybody friends again. Chuck looked up, his red eyes were swollen.

"EVERYBODY DOWNSTAIRS NOW!" I yelled so that everyone could hear me. I ran downstairs as Chuck wiped his eyes on his sleeve, what happened to him was horrible. But you know what, Iris is being a little selfish not listening to him. She's not giving him a chance, and let's be truthful if it was me in this situation I wouldn't either, but still! Eveyone had gathered in the living room, looking bewildered, the power was still out and hopefully it will stay that way.

"Okay everybody," I said clapping my hands together, "We're playing flashlight hid and seek."

--------------------------------------------------