I. WELCOME TO WESTWORLD

[ ONE ][ WELCOME TO WESTWORLD ]

[ ONE ]
[ WELCOME TO WESTWORLD ]

"When you breathe, you are feeding yourself life itself. Oxygen goes in, and carbon dioxide goes out. There's no denying that. The smartest people in the world couldn't even deny that. Even if you are the most stubborn person in the world, you have to breathe in order to keep you going. Breathing is a way for us to cling onto our lives with no one else's help; it's the only action that we decide to do.

"In and out, the pattern is always the same. You can take in short or long breaths, but no matter the timing, it will always help you live. Breathing is essential for life. If you stop breathing, you stop living; it is as simple as that. And then life would stop as you know it.

"For example, when I make your breathe hitch like it is doing right now, do you think that you'd die from that? What's to stop me from taking off all of my clothes right now, and you practically dying from it? Do you think that's possible?

"I think I'd like to see."

Ruby leaned forward, reaching her hand out. Her sparkling green eyes danced with amusement and hunger, yet her whole body seemed like it was all stitched together into one beautiful masterpiece. Her skin glowed in the artificial lighting; it would glow in any sort of setting, really. Although the outside of her skin was perfect, below the flawless exterior lay old, rusty metal and tin. Anyone should know once they saw her; she was too perfect to be real.

"Freeze all motor functions."

When the voice echoed around the room, she froze. Her forest eyes were unblinking, and her polished face was still from where it was before. Body unmoving, a small strand of hair fell down in front of her, the only thing that was disproportional from the rest of Ruby. Her eyes, which were usually dancing with wonder, were now stuck still in place. She was being controlled once again, and she couldn't do a single damn thing about it.

A girl in front of the frozen one shook her head dramatically. The girl, Naomi, sitting in a chair in front of the other girl, sighed at the host, giving her coworker, Elijah, a disgusted look. "Do you hear that? That's fucking morbid."

Elijah violently motioned at Ruby's face. It was still unmoving. "It doesn't matter how morbid it sounds! Look at her." He gave the host a look up and down, like he had to prove his point by just glancing. "I'd definitely fuck her."

"You're forgetting that the guests have choices on who they'd like to fuck," Naomi reminded him carefully, "and Ruby's violent monologue isn't helping her case at all."

He shrugged. "I happen to like the monologue. I've grown quite attached to it."

"Because you fucking wrote it!" Naomi exclaimed. She got out of the chair she was in, moving towards Elijah. Staring him down, she put a single finger on his chest. "You were the one that messed with some of these original hosts, like her." She motioned to Ruby violently. "Not me. I never did that. So stop fucking around before you get caught. And if I get caught in the crossfire, I will fucking end you."