━━━━ PROLOGUE

THE START

THE START

Eugene has always viewed himself to be reserved, quick, and efficient when it comes to doing his job correctly

Eugene has always viewed himself to be reserved, quick, and efficient when it comes to doing his job correctly. No feelings attached, no emotions tied. It has strictly been that way for the majority of his life, and seeing change would naturally disrupt his whole routine.

Love was not necessarily a taboo or sensitive discussion in the work place, as professional and serious their line of work can be — people can still talk about their personal life with their colleagues when they truly desire to do so.

It didn't happen dramatically. It can't even be exaggerated.

It was just a simple day like any other. He deals with several paper work, keeps tabs on important matters, and he handles all the duties as a leader should. Nothing new, nothing out of place.

But the thing is, it wasn't something new or out of place. The situation that brought him to his current predicament was already something — or rather someone — he was already used and familiar to.

M/n L/n.

His name alone can cause up a storm.

At first glance, he's calm and collected — serious even. But when you hold a conversation with him that only concerns personal topics not involving work, you'll come to realize that he's a rather dense and practical guy.

How does it reach to the start of the problem?

Eugene was being adventurous with his thoughts at first. But then, he went overboard and one thing led to another.

He was just alone in his office at the time, the paper on his desk was stashed on the side neatly while his tablet rested flatly and laid out, the books by the shelf across him was all on alphabetical order, and that one little plant in his office was already watered and maintained to be healthy.

Nothing out of place. Nothing disrupting his usual routine.

He was doing a reflection on himself as he stared at the mirror he was holding. He isn't usually vain of his looks but he does enjoy practicing the expressions he make on the mirror that he usually has when he's alone.