Chapter 15

I didn't kiss back, not because I didn't want to but just because of the shock. Robert wasn't gentle, which sorta intimidated me. He realized that I was not responding so his grip on my waist started to loosen. And then it finally hit me how stupid I was being. I immediately put my arms around his neck and started kissing back, but gently. His grip tightened again and he started being gentle too. When he finally pulled back, he was bright red and honestly looked slightly ashamed.

"What?" I asked, blushing.

"I'm sorry, that was sudden and... I was being harsh," he said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Oh, no problem," I said awkwardly.

"Thanks," he replied back.

Before the two AWKWARD seconds of silence could become longer, I asked Robert something that had been bothering me for a bit.

"Did that sudden interest in me spark up just to make my sister jealous or was it genuine?" I asked.

"Well," he hesitated. I raised an eyebrow. "I'm not gonna lie. I did like your sister before you. But once you told me about how you fed the animals and how brave you were with them, my liking for you increased and for Andrea, reduced. Not that I don't like Andrea, she's a great person, but yeah. That's pretty dumb of me, I know. And that pang of jealousy that I felt when I saw Andrea and Josh together, it didn't mean much."

"Well, good to know," I smiled.

"How long do you think before they realize that we're gone?" he asked.

"Feels like all night. They are wayyyyyyy to happy," I chuckled.

"Well, let's go then," he said.

I nodded and we slowly made our way down making sure no one saw us. Thankfully, no one did. When we got to where the people were, we saw that Andrea had already gotten to know about our permanent stay there.

Andrea's POV:

I was exhilarated to know that I would be staying in Australia Zoo from then on. What better thing could one ask for? I saw Ashley and Robert standing behind everyone. I wondered how I didn't see them there a minute ago. Oh whatever, I must be hallucinating. I went over to Ashley and hugged her, "Sorry for abandoning you girl,"  I said.

"Git," she chuckled.

I smiled and went over to Robert, not waiting to see how loathingly he looked at me, which I guessed was what he was doing, and hugged him. I was HELLA surprised when he actually hugged back.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"For what?" he asked cheerfully.

He pulled back at the perfect time and we all actually went out to eat. When we came back home, mom told us that we had to return home for a day to collect all of our most personal belongings and would be returning in two days. The next day, I woke up, brushed my teeth, took a shower and changed into my outfit.

 The next day, I woke up, brushed my teeth, took a shower and changed into my outfit

(Ignore the bag if you want. I didn't want it to be in there)

I went downstairs to find everyone already there. We weren't carrying anything except for essentials since we would be returning anyway in a few days. I saw Ashley and realized that we had grown quite different in style. I had become fairly girly and she had become the opposite. A tomboy, if you will. But not really in personality. She behaved like her old self. As sassy as ever.

(Ashley's outfit)

(Ignore the chain if you'd like

(Ignore the chain if you'd like. Again, I personally don't want it in there 👍)

We said goodbye to the Irwins which wasn't that hard since we would be returning in a few days, and hit the road to the airport.

"Ah! That was fun! Can't wait to come back," Ashley said in the Uber.

"We're returning in a few days, thank god! Ashley, do you think I should break up with Josh? I mean, I barely know him."

"Well, it depends whether you want to or not. But the part about you not knowing him, well, that's true," Ashley replied back.

Mom had headphones in so she didn't listen to anything Ashley and I were talking about.

"Hmm, maybe," I said. But I knew the answer.

2 days later..

Bindi's POV:

The doorbell rang and I groaned as I walked to the door to open it. I was peacefully relaxing on the couch, darn it. But I couldn't have been happier when I saw the three faces I loved most besides my family. I shrieked and went to hug Emma. I then did the same with Andrea and lastly, Ashley, personally my favourite Grey. Lol, I'm gonna keep it a secret.

"Robert and mom have gone out to give a tour to some people at the zoo but they'll be back soon and ecstatic to meet you," I smiled.

"Just like we are to see you," Andrea said.

"Aww, come here you," said, pulling Andrea into another hug.

Ashley sighed in happiness. "I'm glad we're here."

(A/N: I know it wasn't the best ending but I hope you enjoyed the story anyway. I had loads of fun writing it. Thanks for reading it ❤️️)