15

•Thank you so much for 15k!•

"So what do you think happened?" I ask Conan, standing next to him.

He glances at me before pointing to the floor, "there are glass shards. It looks like the wife tried cleaning them up before calling the police as if she were hiding something. I'm sure she burned the wood from the table as well. The body doesn't have any glass in it anywhere so I'm guessing that Cávez threw their android and the Android fell into the table. There's also thirium by the back door in the shape of a handprint. It's a bit smudged. And finally, there are traces of cocaine and alcohol near Donny's mouth and nose. Here's my theory: Donny was clearly on drugs and also drunk. The wife was hiding behind that wall while she watched the Android protect her from Donny who was trying to hurt her. The only missing piece is why would she call the police on the Android instead of telling them what really happened?" He finished, turning towards me.

"Maybe she was the type to defend her husband either way, even if he was an abusive man. There are lots of women like that. Or he could've been in a gang and if she doesn't try to defend him, they could kill her and get access to all of her accounts," I respond, having immediately tried to fit pieces into the story. "I really doubt that he's in a gang but you never know."

"That actually... makes a lot of sense. Not the gang one," he crouches down, picking up Cávez's hand and I almost puke. Touching dead bodies is not something I'd like to do or see.

"Look, Gavin," he says and I crouch down, pulling my shirt over my nose again when I get a whiff of the decaying body.

I cough, turning away for a second before swallowing and looking back towards him. Conan shows me the knuckles of the man, very pale but looking as if he had punched things. There were old scars there too.

"There's thirium on the knuckles as well, though it has disappeared to the human eye," he explains, setting the hand down back where it was.

"Has the wife been brought to the interrogation room yet?" I question, wanting to get the truth from her.

"She is going to be later today. Would you like to be the one to interrogate her or should I?" He asks.

"Let's see what you've got, tin can," I grin, letting the shirt fall from my hand.

"Let's get out of here, you look sick," he says and I agree, not feeling the best even though I was smiling just a second ago.

We exit the house and I breathe in fresh air, feeling my slight anxiety flush away with the dead smell.

"Feel better?" He chuckles, walking towards my car with his hands in his pockets.

"Much," I answer, opening the door for him and walking back over to the drivers' side.

•How was this? You guys are going to go insane in the next chapter ;)•