f o r t y o n e

They finally arrived at China. Yuyan's dad sent out someone to pick them up from the airport and to their house.

Jaehyun later found out that Justin was actually her cousin and heaved a sigh of relief.

Once they arrived, Yuyan opened the car door and ran to the the front door. The seven boys followed after and ran too.
A few moments waiting after ringing the bell, it opened to reveal her father. Yuyan smiled and hugged him.

"Dad! Meet my pocket sized friends!" Yuyan exitedly said and pointed at the ground beside her. Her father was shocked at the boys. Last time he remembered, there was only one. "Did you get six more?" Yuyan smiled widely and nodded.

Jaehyun talked with Yuyan's parents while Yuyan and the seven tiny boys go to her room and unpack.

"So guys, this is my old room!" Yuyan said and showed them around. It was her room when she was still a child. Surprisingly, nothing changed since the last time she stayed in it.

"Look! It's baby Yuyan!" Chenle said and pointed to a picture of Yuyan when she was still 2 years old. The boys gathered around the frame and looked at it in awe.

"You look so cute Yuyan!" Renjun said and faced her. Yuyan laughed slightly. "Thank you Renjunnie!"

After they looked at more pictures, Yuyan sent them to her old study desk. She cleaned it up abit before placing down each of their luggages. "Thank you!" They said in unison after they recived their luggages.

Yuyan smiled. She then proceed to reach for a certain bag and opened it. She reached in and found the matresses for them. She took it out and placed each of the seven matresses on the desk.

The girl then proceed to put on the matress' bedsheets, pillows and blankets. After she was finished, the seven boys immidiately lied down and some slept.

Jisung and Chenle were playing with slime that Chenle brought and showed it to Jisung who was beside him.

Renjun continued on reading his book, while Jeno, Jaemin, Donghyuck and Mark are sleeping.

Yuyan herself started unpacking. After she was finished, she jumped on her bed and closed her eyes for abit.

Moments later, a knock was heard on her door. She got up and opened it to reveal Jaehyun with Lucas on his head.

"Oh hi!" Yuyan giggled when she saw Lucas ontop of his head. "Hi there Lucas."

Jaehyun smiled at the girl. "Your parents told me that I'll sleep here. Is there any extra matress that I can sleep on?"

Yuyan nodded and let him in. Jaehyun placed his bag down and Lucas off his head. Yuyan came back with now a foldable matress in hand with a pillow and blanket. "Here you go!" She handed them to Jaehyun. "Thank you." He thanked her.

After fixing the matress, Jaehyun asked Yuyan who was on her bed upside down while facing him. Their faces were close. "Can I also put Lucas with them?" He said and pointed to the desk with the seven boys. Yuyan just nodded.

Jaehyun got up from the matress on the floor and approached the desk. "Hey guys." He said and waved slightly at them. They waved back and greeted. Jaehyun placed down Lucas' matress and prepared his bed for him. After he was done, he went to Yuyan and picked up Lucas from laying down on her tummy.

"Lucas-ah, you'll be sleeping there okay?" Lucas smiled widely and nodded. "Yay I am with my bros!!!"

It was almost midnight and the new years are coming.

Jaehyun had asked permission from her parents and they happily agreed and even helped him.

He's finally gonna do it.

He planned it on being on their backyard. Since theirs was big enough, they'll be watching the fireworks display when the clock strikes 12.

He had asked Yuyan to watch the fireworks with him and she fortunately agreed.

It was 11:50 PM, 10 minuted before 2019.

They both were sitting on a large cloth that can fit both of them outside in her backyard. They were alone.

Jaehyun noticed she was shivering and took off his jacket. He placed it over her shoulders. Yuyan blushed slightly and slipped her arms in. She mumbled a thank you which Jaehyun heard.

11:55

Jaehyun started. "Yuyan?" He called out and looked at the girl beside him. "I have something to tell you."

Yuyan looked at him and hummed. "Yes?" Jaehyun saw her face glowing under the moonlight and admired it for a few seconds before speaking again.

11:57

He finally confessed. "I like you. Like more than a friend. I want to be with you for as long as I live. Will you be my girlfriend?"

11:58

Yuyan was stunned at his words. She didn't expect it. Her heart beated in an unormal speed and butterflies erupted in her stomach. The girl smiled widely and a tear escaped her eye. Jaehyun started to panic at the sight of her tears but then smiled widely after hearing what she said next.

"I like you too. Yes! I'll be your girlfriend!"

Jaehyun leaned in nearer to her face and kissed her lips. Yuyan gladly accepted.

12:00, 2019

At the same time, the clock striked 12 and fireworks erupted in the sky as they happily kiss under the moon light.

im sorry if its cringey lmao

next will be the last chapter before this book officially ends.

if ur wondering why i was gone for so long, i was sick the whole week and stressed. my head is even hurting until now.