Laced Fingers

We were in a car now, driving to a hotel to stay for the night. I was sitting next to Dan with Phil on my other side.

He looked nervous, like he didnt have a purpose. I know that feeling most of my life.

I had my earphones in listening to music, fairly loud.

"What are you listening too?" Dan spoke.

I have never had someone ask me what i was listening to sincerely, it was always in a bored tone or they were mocking me.

But i never expected the people in my school to understand. That music was the only thing there for me after my mother left. That when all else failed music was my back fall. Music was my rock, but no one at school would know this.. They are perfect. Everyone had clear skin, skinny, blonde or brown hair and blue eyes and spoke perfectly. They wore pale colored clothes and the girls high heels.

And then there was me. Earphones stuck in my bright colored hair, which was in need of a re-dye. Wearing skinny jeans instead of skirts and Band shirts instead of Polos. And converse, everyone hated my converse.

I would have tried to fit in.. i really would have. But the clothes were so expensive, i had the money but i was saving it.. For the day i would get to leave.

"Uhm, Lyniz.. did you hear me?"

I had spaced out again.

"I'm listening to Pierce The Veil, Sorry Daniel."

Dan laughed.

I thought he would not be a person to laugh at me.. but i was wrong.

"Sorry Ly, its weird.. the only one who calls me Daniel is my grandmother. Call me Dan. Or Danny, Or DanDan. ANYTHING, except Daniel."

I nodded and he poked me again.

"I've never heard Pierce the Veil, may i listen with you?"

I nodded and i handed him an earphone.

I caught Phil looking at us and smiling alot. I rested my head against Dan's shoulder lightly. And he moved a bit.

"Sorry if im bothering you. Danie- Dan.."

"No, i was moving back so i could do this."

And he let me rest my head against his side, pulling his arm around me. I smiled.

And i laced Phil's fingers through mine.

"You're not mad??" He whispered.. Dan was asleep.

"I am mad. Very mad. But i love you Phil, nothing will change that.. ever."