Chapter 6

"Why are you here, you don't belong. How? Well, let's take a look inside to find out."

James woke up in what he assumed was still the game. He was staring at the ceiling, painted white, a mechanical whir coming from his left. He struggled to lean his head forward. He noticed straps on hid forehead. The sound of someone humming a tune ,from a video game that he couldn't name, and noticed it sounded familiar. Sweat dripped as a face appeared in front of his. "Well this is inconvenient." Fidelmed stated. "Hate to break it to you James. I'm trying to dissect your brain. You got into the code, so I have to find out how." James screamed. "W-why can't you just, uhhh access my memories? You have powers right?" Fidelmed stared at James. A smile formed on his face, his eyes blank. "Who ever said we were in the game?"

Minutes later, Jaiden was horrified. Sweat dripped down her face as she took Jon's body and ran away. When she turned, she saw that Fidelmed was gone. "I'm gonna get you to someone that can help." She said to Jon. His barely beating heart kept him silent. She passed by the neighborhood and came upon an entire city of people. She saw a few YouTubers in front of her having the same reaction. She dismissed her confusion and tried to ask people for help. "Hello? DO you know where the hospital is?" She always got the same answer: No. After about five minutes, she gave up hope. Jon was still unconscious when she tripped and dropped him. She got back up to a terrible sight. Jon's body desintigrated into pixels in front of her. 

Not only did he loose his channel, but his life too. Jaiden stood up. She realized she was lost, and asked for directions. The response was all the same. She entered a park and sat on a bench. She had always broken down in tears, but this time, she wasn't sad. She didn't mourn. All she did was hate. She looked up the sky and saw Fidelmed flying by, carrying a body. She looked back down, her gaze shifting towards her hands. She gripped her hands and stood up, quickly. With fire in her eyes she screamed at the top her lungs to the sky. "I HATE YOU FIDELMED!" The town was filled with her cry, roaring ove the noise of the buzzing town. From the sky above, Fidelmed heard her outcry. "Pitiful, seems another one must leave my world." He stated, heartlessly. James's body swayed in the wind as the day turned to night behind him.

"It's too small." James picked at the tie he was wearing. Fidelmed had threatened his life and forced him to wear a tuxedo. "Shut up, were here." James was still scared, but tried to show Fidelmed otherwise. He was told he'd be able to leave this world in exchange for pretending to be his friend. He wasn't sure where they were going, but tried not to panic. "I can use this as a chance to escape and save the other." Thought James. They landed in the parking lot of the school. "I made an announcement of a mandatory event at the school. If you show up and say good things about me, you'll be escorted back into reality." Said Fidelmed when he opened the door. James entered the stage with hundreds of his peers watching. "Stay calm James." He whispered to himself. "Alright, walk onstage on my signal." Stated Fidelmed. He walked on stage, leaving James behind.

"Hello everyone, I see only five people are missing, sorry to say. Welcome to the first of many assembleys here. Today I would like to announce a new member to my generals." James gulped. "What? New general?" James panicked. He tried to escpae through the back door, but it was locked from the outside. "Welcome...Theodd1sout!" James legs moved on their own. "Just like with the message. So this is his true power." James walked onstage to surprised faces, the cold in his throat freezing more. He was forced to the microphone. He knew he had to do something.

"I am Theodd1sout.                                                                                                                                                              Now, uuh.                                                                                                                                                                                   Everyone is here I presume?                                                                                                                                             Eh.                                                                                                                                                                                                Don't count on me saying much anyway.                                                                                                                    He may be an amazing guy, but his personality is greaaat..                                                                                Each moment with him is awesome!                                                                                                                             Looks like I'm running out of time.                                                                                                                                People of this world, I pledge my bravery to you."

"Hopefully they get the message." Thought James. And they did. One by one people in the crowd stood up and left. They knew they couldn't do anyhting, and gave up. That's when Jaiden tackled Fidelmed.

Jaiden used all of her strength to brinf Fidelmed to the ground. "Nggh.." He struggled. "You...bitch." His words only fueled her fury. She poked her fingers into his eyes. The pain caused the auditorium to distort then disappear. "So you control this ENTIRE world alone? That makes taking you out all the more pleasing. She said. From behind her Whitmorre ran for the stage. James ran past her and tackled Whitmorre. "Kid! I'm on your side! That jerk trapped me her too!" He managed to squeak out. "Why should I trust you?" James asked. Jaiden lost her grip on Fidelmed, and the auditorium returned, on fire. "Heh. Seems like a fitting end to die in a place like this right?" Fidelmed asjed. "I've watched a lot of movies, I'll admit. And the final battles always happen in burning buildings." Jaiden struggled to hold back her rage, but was filled with confusion. "Well, if you've watched movies then you also know," She began to speak. "You've had ZERO character development! Your personality is confusing. Your goals are unclear. Your looks are even inconsistent! Your just a disposable villain!" Fidelmed gripped her neck. His hands clenched her wind pipe. "Shut up! I'm not the villain! You are! You destroyed my perfect world! I was doing this FOR ALL OF YOU! AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME? WITH HATE AND VIOLENCE? I WANTED A UTOPIA FOR MY IDOLS, BUT INSTEAD THEY BURN IT RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE LIKE YOU, SO I THOUGHT MAKING YOU LIKE ME WOULD BE THE ANSWER. I WAS BLINDED BY MY GOALS AND DIDN'T REAlize that I was....hurting you guys." 

He dropped Jaiden to the floor. "What have I become? A half-baked character with little development? Why? What happened. And now I'm barely showing my true colors. It's as if...I'm a horribley written character..." He said. The world dissapated. The students were floating in a black void. "Jaiden, I know why you hate me. I'm like a bad character in a bad anime. I did bad things to you, without an actual goal. Do, do you still want to be free?" He asked. "Yes, all of us do. Though I have to admit, becoming good now is just, SOOO cliche. It'd be better if you just became a better vil- wait no. Just, let us go." She answered. Everyone started to disapate into pixels. "I won't delete their channels. I don'tn even know why I wanted to." Jaiden began to disapate as well. "The 'journey' is over I geuss. You won't remember any of this, well except for you and James. Even though it was literally just 24 hours. And you will get to know what happened to James in that crack." He stated. "Hu-" Jaiden was gone before she could ask.