Chapter Five

After an awful first period, the group had to head their seperate classes. James never made it to second period. He treaded the hallway unsteadily. His feet seemed heavy, and the ground felt like slime. That was because it was slime. He yelled in shock and began to fall in. The ground beneath him went from slime to water as he was dragged down deeper. Each passing second James tried to swim, but failed to get air. He passed out and began to sink to the botttom. Intead of hitting the bottom, he woke up sitting in front of Whitmorre. 

James quickly sat straight and stayed still. Whitmorre only glanced at him. "You were late to second period, and third period." James stared. "And fourth." James panicked, his channel would be deleted! "Don't worry, it's not your fault. Some strange things have been happening to other people. Alpharad was caught in a thunderstorm in chemistry, and PBG was stuck in a rock." James wiped his sweat. "You'll be given a pass back to class. Be careful next time, the art hall seems to be the prime suspect." Jame was given a pass and was sent to Gym. Class had already started, so the coach sent him to sit on the bench. Jaiden came walking up to him, sweating, her shirt soaked from the exercise. "Where have you been?" She asked, out of breath. "Almost drowned." He replied flatly. "Thought my channel was gone, but it's happened to other people too." Jaiden nodded. "Yeah, bunch of these cracks have been appearing in the art hallway. All in the same shape, glowing. Wierd." James was confused.

"Cracks?" Jaiden nodded. "Yeah, everyone that tries to touch them disappears. Maaz hasn't beem to the classes we had together." James held his face in his hands and sulked. "This place is so scary. A fan that threatens to delete everything we've worked for, cracks that take people in the art hallway, and Whitmorre. What's up with him?" Jaiden looked at him. "What do you mean? He's just some guy that Fidelmed trusts." She replied. "Yeah but, have you seen his office? Creepy. It's almost an exact replica from a harry potter movie. Creepy paintings, wierd appliances. He just gives off a creepy vibe. Especially since he...was...." Jaiden stood up and got in front of him. "What?" She questioned. James stood up, pushed past her, and walked out of gym. The teacher called him out, but he kept walking. Jaiden was confused but followed him anyway. The duo made their way to the art hallway. James began to trace the wall with his finger, making a line as he walked. He found a glowing crack. "Cracks. Cracks in code. Code, the making of a game." James turned to her. "A way out." She gasped. "Mazz must have escaped." She replied. James turned back to the crack. He hesitated. Then, he stuck his finger inside, then his hand. 

He turned back around. "If it works, I'll find a way to tell you." He placed his arm in the crack and let out a bellowing howl, the pain too much to bear. He tried to pull it out, but his arm was already trapped. He used his other hand to get some leverage on the crack. Suddenly, his hand began to evaporate into mist, being sucked into the crack. He let out a scream as his body was enveloped into the crack. A bright light came from the crack as he disappeared. Jaiden watched as her fiend was killed in front of her. She fell to her knees as the teacher cam to drag her back to class. "Where is the other guy?" He screamed. All she could do was cry.

James cry was swallowed by the darkness. He opened his eyes to lines of vertical code moving around him. Then, he saw bodies, hundreds, millions. They were all of the YouTubers trapped in the game. Jaiden, Jazza, JonTron, TimTom, all of them, right here, asleep. He floated over to JonTron, who was the closest. He saw wires tied to his heart, in a solid form in front of him. James grabbed the wires and tried to pull them. With little force he pryed them off of Jon. Jon's body suddenly disappeared in front of him. James wondered what happend, then heard alarms from behind him.

Jaiden couldn't finish gym class. She spent the entire time on the bench sulking. People tried to comfort her, but she could tell they never cared about James, she stuck with Vloggers. It was JonTron that truly comforted her. They talked for a while until the bell rang, and decided to walk home together. Nobody knew where to go until the front gate opened. They were each asigned a house, and walked their seperate ways. Jaiden and Jon were talking when it happened.

"So I said, Yeah right it was your brother!" They were laughing hysterically. "Wow Jon, thannks for being a friend." She proclaimed. "No problem, gotta find the good in dar-.." He stopped walking, and she almost walked past him. She turned around and saw him floating into the sky. He was crying tears of happiness. "I can be free of this world! I can! I can!" 

"You can come right back down."

Fidelmed grabbed Jon and threw him back to the ground. The force of the impact was too much. Blood dripped from Jon's limbs. He tried to speak. Jaiden came running into the crater created by Fidelmed. She knet down and held his hand. "J-Jaiden. I'm free aren't I? Heh, heh. I can go home, right?" He asked weakly. Jaiden looked up at Fidelmed, then back to Jon. "Don't worry, you aren't going to die, this is just a game. He can't be that cruel. Right?" SHe looked up at him. "Sorry dearie, if he dies here, he dies in the real world. He's not coming back." He had no emotion, his blank face concealed by heavy bandages covered in blood. The first day ended with 3 people gone from the world.