Saving the Chauffeur

I watch as the man drops to his knees and begs me for his soul.

"Please, I have not been judged, he pleads, I don't deserve this!"

"But of course you do, I answer, all men have hate in their hearts. You, my friend, are no different.  You might as well accept your fate as you will not gain an ounce of sympathy from me"

"But I am not a bad man! This must be a mistake! I promise you, I have not recieved my judgment. I have done no wrong!

He attempts to crawl past me out of the elevator but I block his path.

"Well, I realize you have not recieved your judgment however that does not concern me. You are going where you should. All humans are flawed. All humans are horrible. Now then, lets get a move on."

I push the man into the elevator and press the down button. Not much choice really. This elevator only has a down button of course.  The man cries and screams and begs me to change my mind. Begs me to let him be judged. I watch,  disinterested as the flames begin to fill the elevator car and the doors close. The car moves downward and I stand and wait untill I can hear his screams no more. I then return to my black limo and start off to pick up my next passenger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Nicodemus. As you have already gathered, I am a chauffeur. Not your typical chauffeur, mind you.  I don't pick up people, only the souls of people. The reaper?  No, no, no, I am not the reaper. I have no power to take a soul from a person's body.  I simply take the souls to my employer.  I am the middle man, you might say. You see how it works is when a person dies the reaper swoops in and takes their soul.  He takes them to be judged. If they are deemed good they are sent above, if they are deemed evil, the reaper brings them to me and I take them to my employer.

 Recently though, my employer has worked out a deal with the reaper to sometimes have a soul brought to me before they are judged.  I then drive them to the elevator and send them down below where my employer is waiting to hand out their eternal punishment.   Now believe me, every one of these passengers has begged me to turn around.  Begged me to take them back. All of them claiming they have been handed an unfair sentence, screaming that they have been condemmed without a hearing. And you know what?  They are absolutely right! Fortunately I pay no heed to these rantings because I know that they are actually getting what they deserve.

The humans are an atrocious race of creatures, just terrible beings.  So greedy, so violent, constantly warring and raping and stealing and any number of disgusting things.  It doesn't faze me in the least when they cry and sob and beg me for their soul because I realize that they are evil.  We are simply skipping the waste of time called judgement. Cheating? Well, I suppose you could say it is cheating but hey, would you really expect my employer to fight fair? No matter to me as I believe he is doing the right thing.  You see, if it were up to me every single human who dies would be sent down below.  Every man, woman and child would burn for eternity. That is the way it should be. That is what they deserve. 

I have seen how humans destroy their own planet, using up every natural resource in an area and then moving on to another  just to destroy that area as well.  I have seen men beheaded in the name of religion and teenagers killing other teenagers simply for being in the wrong neighborhood. I have seen images of men shot over a hand of poker and women raped just for going out for a run.   I have seen images of women paying to have their husband killed for life insurance money and men strangle their wives to death so they can be with another woman.  I have seen images of many countries going to war with one another causing the casualties of hundreds of thousands of people so I am sure you can understand how I know that all humans are terrible.  All humans are destined for down below. Every human should be sent to my employer.  They are a species beyond saving, believe me.