en

☾unavngivet - one

"Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a boy named Haechan."

"Haechan was known in the whole town for one simple reason."

"He was the literal sun."

"So positive, energetic, cute, and wonderfully friendly. He helped the elders, took care of the younger's, raised money for charity, and did volunteer work all the time."

"He was everyone's friend."

"And everyone adored him."

"So when he one day vanished, everyone became terrified to what could've happened."

"Mark? Did bad happen to Haechan?" his little sister asked as she peeked up from under the covers. She passed him a worried look.

Mark smiled and ruffled her hair. "Nothing bad happened to Haechan. It is said that he travels all over the world now, to make sure kids behave," he whispered. "But it's a top secret that only we know of, so you can't tell anyone," he added and winked at the little girl.

She squinted her eyes and pressed her finger towards her lips. "Secet!" she grinned.

"Yes, it's a secret," Mark laughed and stood up, satisfied with the story he just made up.

Mark was quite the storyteller. It was like the words came naturally to him as he spoke. Without much thought, his mouth just rambled away, and before he knew it, he could make up the most exciting story in just a matter of minutes.

"Goodnight Mini. Maybe Haechan will visit your dream," Mark sang before kissing his little sister goodnight.

Mini seemed sad "Can't Marker stay?" she begged.

He only smiled and walked towards the door. "Mark's busy and Mini needs to sleep," and then he left the tiny room, closing the door gently behind him.

"Haechan."

Mark grinned upon saying the name out loud.

"I'm really that lonely huh," he mumbled to himself. He couldn't believe his longing for someone to love had gone as far as reaching his little sister's bedtime stories. Yesterday it was Youngheum, an adventurous boy who had gone on a journey to travel the world.

And today it was Haechan, a perfect, cute, boy who everyone loved.

It was so obvious that Mark was utterly lonely.

☾ ☼