Did Anyone ever Tell you Zombies hate Rainbows?

Did Anyone Ever Tell You, Zombies Hate Rainbows?

"This stupid piece of shit radio!"

Spontaneous Zombie was pissed again.

"Zombie stop hitting it! It's the only contact we have!"

"You know how scarce radios are in the zones!"

"We need that radio!"

No matter what Rainbow, Blitz, or even Adrenaline said, Zombie's little tantrum wouldn't stop. They were all pissed at different things, and Ghost was fed up.

"Can we all please calm down? It's not helping anyone if we are angry over little shit! Zombie, do not break that radio. If you do, you have to go all the way to Battery City yourself and get a new one. "

Ghost basically yelled at them.

Everyone stopped, even Zombie. But it was just to glare at Ghost.

This wasn't uncommon in the band of Killjoys recently. Before, they were really close. Never kept secrets, never lied to each other. Now, not so much. They used to be amazing at teamwork- but now it was almost non existent.

Blitz had brought Ghost back to her team, which consisted of three other boys: Spontaneous Zombie, Adrenaline Danger, and Rainbow Apocalypse. They accepted her almost immediately, and they all got along until a few weeks ago.

Ghost walked away to repaint her ray gun with some old spray paint, while Blitz scolded Zombie.

"You know how many carbons we would have to pay for a new radio? God, Zombie. Stop letting your anger get to you." She scolded him, but Zombie just rolled his eyes and flipped her off.

Rainbow and Adrenaline were counting supplies, as they were running low.

"Okay, how many cans of Power pup do we have?" Adrenaline asked Rainbow.

"Ten!" Rainbow answered happily. He was one of those guys that nothing could break his optimism.

"Okay, let's get back to the group." Adrenaline and Rainbow walked back to where Blitz, Zombie, and Ghost were with five cans of Power Pup in their hands.

"Hey, guys! We got lunch!" Rainbow yelled over to them excitedly, his ponytail flopping as he ran.

"How do you even know what time it is? It could be 5am for all we know. " Ghost asked, when Rainbow was closer to them.

"The direction of our shadows. It's noon when your shadow is directly below you." Rainbow intelligently said.

The group looked genuinely impressed with Rainbow's reasoning, except for Zombie.

"Smartass" Zombie said under his breath, but Rainbow heard it.

"What was that?" The group was shocked at Rainbows expression. The normally happy-go-lucky guy was wearing a dangerous look.

"Smartass." Zombie smirked.

"Just because I payed attention I'm school, doesn't mean I'm a smartass." His ponytail whipped in the wind, and his face held an icy cold glare.

"At least I'm not a coward. " Zombie sneered.

"I'm not a coward, idiot! You shut your mouth!" Rainbow lunged at Zombie, obviously having enough of Zombie's insults. They both wrestled for a minute or two, before Zombie took out a knife.

"Zombie, Stop it! You're going too far!"

Rainbow took out a knife as well, getting in a fighting stance.

They both lunged for each other, Zombie slicing a small cut on Rainbows cheek, and Rainbow slicing a hole in Zombie's jeans.

Soon, Zombie had Rainbow pinned, and he took the other boy's long ponytail in his hand, with the knife in the other.

Rainbow's eyes widened when he realized what the older boy was doing.

Slice

In an instant, Rainbow's multicolored ponytail was in Zombie's hand.

The boy smiled in victory, as the three spectators mouths were hanging open in shock.

"Zombie, you idiot! Why the hell would you do that?"! Blitz yelled at him, while Rainbow laid on the desert ground unmoving.

Maybe it was because of the heat outside, maybe it was the plain fact that his ponytail was gone. It was probably the latter.

The man treasured his hair like it was his child, and took great pride in how long it was.

Ghost kneeled down next to the sad man, and tried to comfort him the best she could.

"Hey, it's okay. It will always grow back. " she looked at Adrenaline hopefully, and he took her place, comforting Rainbow. She wasn't very experienced at comforting people as she would like to be, which often made her seem like an unfeeling and cold person.

Adrenaline helped Rainbow stand up, and then took him back to their base, as Ghost followed leaving Blitz to lecture Zombie.

She smacked him upside the head, "You know how much that ponytail meant to him, you dumbass!"

Again, he just rolled his eyes in annoyance and walked inside their base, with Blitz following still fuming.

Their base was just an old one floor home, perfect for them. It was dusty, creaky and falling apart at the seams, but it was enough.

They were all sat at the table, Zombie and Rainbow glaring daggers at each other. Adrenaline and Blitz went to get the so called 'food', and Ghost sat ignoring everyone.

Adrenaline and Blitz tossed a can each to the three and sat down with a can themselves.

It was silent except for the sound of empty cans hitting the table, as they all guzzled the Power Pup as quickly as possible.

Ghost however, did not touch her can and sat silently with annoyance painted across her face. The events played through her head time after time, making her hands ball into tight fists.

She couldn't take it anymore. Ghost stood up and curtly walked out the door, slamming it on the way out.

Blitz of course tried to follow her, but Adrenaline put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a look that said to leave her be. Zombie didn't give a single look at the door, while Rainbow worried about her.

What made it worse was he could see Ghost's green and black ray gun sitting on the counter.

Okay folks, this is where I end the chapter, and I'm sorry it took so long. No excuses, so uh yeah. I hope that you take a liking to the story and the characters, and don't worry, the Fab Four will come into play very soon.

Anyways, I hope to update every Monday, so I have two full days to work on it. Right now, my schedule is jam packed with homework and other things, so I apologize if I cannot get the chapter up in time. Anyways, I hope you liked chapter one, and I will be back soon with more!

-