Frustration and Dragons

"Ghost Revolver, eh? Creative. I'm Party Poison. " He slid a can of dog food across the table to me, and opened a can for himself.

I almost declined the offer of food when I felt the pit in my stomach and quickly opened up the can and ate the dog food.

I couldn't remember the last time I had ate or drank anything, but it was probably because of the stress my team had caused.

"Uh, Party?" He looked up at me, "I need to get back to my group soon." I didn't know where I was or what zone we were in.

"We'll get you back soon, but I suggest you stay here for at least the night. You never know what's out there in the dark." As much as I hated to say it, he was right. It was almost nightfall, and the chance of running into danger almost tripled at night.

"I guess I'll stay tonight, but I won't for long. I'm heading back as soon as possible," I turned to face the window of the diner, "Which zone are we in anyway?"

"Zone 3," Party grabbed a comic book that was laying around, "Where's your group?"

"The edge of zone 4. " The zones got more unfitted for life as you got closer to the badlands, which is a radiation soaked hell.

"Aw yes, Dr.D is on!" One of the others cheered, while tinkering with the radio in front of him.

"-Keep runnin' Killjoys. Here's a tune from The Mad Gear and Missile Kid, who will be stoppin' at The Nest in Zone 3 tomorrow to play a few tunes. Here's Black Dragon Fighting Society."

"Hell yeah!" The Killjoy- who I'm pretty sure was Fun Ghoul- said while throwing his feet up on the diner counter.

"Yeah I drink juice when I'm killing 'cause it's fucking delicious,"

I started to smile, Rainbow would always start singing this song at random times, he really loved it.

"1-2-3-4 Bass!" Everyone yelled along to the song.

"1-2-3-4" Even I yelled along this time. I gotta admit it, this song is actually pretty catchy and has a nice beat.

Soon after, the song ended and Dr. D's booming voice came through the speakers, "That's not all, Sunshines, we'll be back with more in a second. But before that, I got word from my best men that tomorrow BL/ind is planning to send dracs on a search for us rats at dawn. I advise you all to be safe and keep your gun close tomorrow. Best of luck to you all-"

Party turned the radio down and looked at me, "I guess you won't be leaving early tomorrow, but we'll get you back by tomorrow night, promise. "

"I could probably make it back to my team before the Dracs even start searching, I'll be fine." I tried to reason.

Party Poison raised his eyebrow. "It's deadly cold outside, you have bad burns, no gun and no car of any kind. Face it, you're probably staying here for tonight. "

I was extremely frustrated. My team needed me, I need to make it back to them before the Dracs started to search.

I stayed silent after that and started to notice my surroundings. The walls were covered in old records and posters and the booths were littered with comics, magazines and ripped wanted posters.

"Nice place and," I picked up a comic book from the table, "Nice comics, is this a classic?"

"Why yes it is, I've been able to keep it all this time. " It was so nostalgic to look at the old comic. I had a lot of comics, but they were all destroyed in the Helium Wars a while back. I had almost forgot what true art was like. Art was amazing, vibrant, and meaningful before BL/ind twisted it into being monotone and almost worthless now.

"Who's thirsty?" One of the others- who I presumed to be Jet Star came into the room with cups and what looked like sanitization tablets. The water outside of Battery City was unsafe to drink from a number of reasons, so using the little tablets was practically a must. They made the water taste like complete shit, but like the dog food, it was all that we had.

Jet Star set the cups in front of us and tossed us each a tablet.

"Cheers?" Fun Ghoul raised up his glass, and we did the same. All of us almost inhaled the water because of the taste, much like Power Pup.

"I'm going to turn in for the night." Jet star yawned, walking to the back rooms.

"Me too. " Party turned to me, "If you want, you can sleep in one of the booths out here, they're probably the most comfortable thing here. "

I nodded and he tossed me a blanket before walking back with Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid.

I didn't waste any time trying to sleep. Sleep was one of the things I had trouble with recently. But Party wasn't kidding when he said these things were pretty comfortable. So comfortable that I ended up actually falling asleep.

****

"Ghost Revolver, c'mon wake up! Dracs are coming!"

Hey guys! I'm so very sorry this took such a long time for such a filler chapter. I know it was uneventful, but the next few chapters will speed up, I promise you.

There are a few changes with my schedule for updating. I wish I could update more often, but because of time issues I can only update once a month at most. Thank you guys so much for your kind comments and patience with my updating issues. It really means a lot to me that you guys like my story and read it.

Thanks for reading!
-Blaine

{Future Blaine speaking: I've added the song from the chapter to the chapter!}