Always Go With Your Gut Feeling Kids

Always Go With Your Gut Feeling, Kids

You know when you go against the feeling in your gut, despite that feeling in your gut never being wrong before?

I had always been one in most situations to run on that gut feeling. It was that feeling that kept me alive.

"Ghost, are you ready to go?" Jet Star asked while grabbing his colorful gun.

"Yeah, I think so." I got up from my spot in one of the booths, and Jet tossed me one of their spare white guns.

We walked out to the car where the rest of the killjoys were ready to roll.

"Zone 4, right?" Party questioned while turning the keys and starting the old car.

"Yeah, if I remember correctly. " I pulled my crumpled map out of my pocket to check. Once I verified that the location was correct, he started to drive to zone 4.

The car ride was pretty uneventful, I was too anxious about seeing my team to make any real conversation with anyone.

When Party slowed the car, I looked up from my thoughts confused. I followed where everyone's eyes were and saw smoke rising into the atmosphere.

At that exact moment, my heart started beating just as much as when the SCARECROWS raided their base, or when I was caught against that sign with white guns surrounding me.

I couldn't even see our house from here, but i knew the area well enough to know where the smoke was coming from.

"Let me out of the car. " I got up from my seat, ready to get out of the car and run to the house.

"Ghost I don't think that's a good id-" Party tried to reason.

"Let me out of the car." I repeated sternly.

"Look I don't think yo-" Jet Star joined in.

Before they could stop me, I opened the door and rolled out. Party immediately stopped the car but by the time they got out, I was sprinting down the dusty road to the smoking house.

When i made it to the house, I couldn't comprehend what I saw. My home for so many years, in complete ruins.

I wasn't worried about the house, however. I was terrified for my friends.

I started rummaging through the remains of our base, trying to search for any sign that they were in there.

"Anything, please. " I pleaded to myself.

"Ghost. " Someone quietly said behind me.

"Blitz, Rainbow. " I desperately searched, I needed to know.

"Ghost. "

"Adrenaline, Zombie. " My breathing grew heavier, my rummaging growing more desperate by the minute.

"Ghost!" Party shouted, hoping to snap me out of it.

"Please, no this can't be happening. Please, oh god please." I was quickly losing it.

"Ghost, stop it. " Jet Star put his hand on my shoulder, but I threw it off and kept searching.

I couldn't believe what I had seen next. I wanted it so badly to be a dream, anything but what I had seen. I stopped and fell to my knees in shock.

Kobra had to drag me away from the image that was burned into my brain forever, haunting me.

He had to drag me away from the charred hand of my friend sticking out from the rubble.

He engulfed me in a hug, making me look the other way while Party, Ghoul and Jet tried to figure out what to do.

I sobbed quietly into his shoulder while he tried to console me. I didn't think I could even stand without him helping me.

After a minute or so, I let go of Kobra and started walking back towards the car.

"Let's go." I muttered, wanting to not feel emotions anymore.

They quietly followed, and entered the car. We drove back in complete silence, everyone being afraid to talk for my sake.

Emotions are terrible. They can push you past your breaking point, they can make you hurt.

Emotions aren't worth it anymore.

This chapter is pretty lit