“All the things? How many different things are there?” I heard Scott ask him in an angry exclamation as I allowed my fingers to follow the claw marks from top to bottom like a phantom without touching the body.

I was jerked from my thought as I heard the sound of a car pulling up out front so I quickly moved my hand away from the body before turning around to tell the other two people in the room but they were already looking in the direction of the door.

“Crap.” I whispered to myself as I heard the sound of the bells above the door jingle and then the unmistakable sound of multiple footsteps heading this way.

I spun around to face Scott before grabbing his hand and pulling him into one of the supply closets off the side of the room so that we could still heard the conversation that was going to take place.

“I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent "closed" sign.” Deaton said to whomever it was that entered the exam room and I closed my eyes to better focus my hearing so that I wouldn’t miss anything vital.

“Hello, Alan. It's been a while. The last I heard, you had retired.” I heard Gerard say to him in reply after a minute of silence and I instinctively swallowed nervously at the sound of his voice.

“Last I heard you followed a code of conduct.”

“If you hadn't noticed, this body is one of ours.” Chris Argent replied in his familiar gruff voice and my stiff posture loosened a bit because I knew that while Gerard might not follow the code Chris certainly did.

“I did, I also noticed the gunpowder residue on his fingertips. So don't assume I will be swayed by your philosophy just 'cause I'll answer a few questions.” Deaton said in a strong voice that made me smirk to myself in pride of my boss.

“He was only 24.”

“Killers come in all ages.”

“All ages, sizes, shapes. It's the last one that concerns us.” Gerard told the veterinarian as I shifted a little on my feet uncomfortably.

“How about you tell us what you found?” Chris suggested in a stern voice and I bit my lower lip nervously at what information the hunters might get before us.

“See this cut? Precise. Almost surgical. This isn't the wound that killed him. This had a more interesting purpose.” Deaton informed them as my eyebrows scrunched together in confusion and intrigue.

“Relating to the spine.” Gerard stated knowingly and I tilted my head to the side as I tried to think of any supernatural creatures that I knew about that had a paralytic toxin.

“That's right. Whatever made this cut, it's laced with a paralytic toxin, potent enough to disable all motor functions. These are the cause of death. Notice the patterns on each side.” I heard Deaton inform them and I knew that he was talking about the deep scratch marks on the young hunters back.

“Five for each finger.” Chris said as though it was obvious as I carefully slipped out of my high heels because they were killing my feet after wearing them all day.