Yes, I've slept with him after months and we've confessed our love for each other but, "Jason. I'm not gonna do that."

His eyes and facial features fell at my words. "What about the next time you need," I made air quotes in the air. "-time to figure out something. A house and marriage means eternal commitment and what if we actually do get a house- me you and the baby- and you feel you can't do the whole commitment thing. Where do the baby and I go?"

His eyes clouded and jaw clenched. "I would never disown my child or you, Riley."

"How the hell am I supposed to know that!" I said loudly, angry frustrated emotions starting to turmoiling their way out of me. "Just cause we had sex last night and you told me you love me doesn't mean I can trust you wholeheartedly."

He grabbed my balled up fists and laced his big hand with me. "You know you can trust me, Riley. I would never do anything to hurt you. Or the baby," He said, eyes pleading with me to understand. "All I want to do is protect my family."

Protect?" From who Jason? Your father? because I thought you said he would back off." I muttered confused.

"If I have anything to do with it he will," He said coldly. "I want us to be safe. In case, he decides to have any ideas. The bastard has a lot of money to make sure he get what he wants."

I frowned, a tingling of fear riveting somewhere deep in me. "Do you think he would...?" I left the question in the air and watched as Jason shook his head an unreadable expression on his face.

"I don't know," He muttered, looking away." But I'm not taking any chances Riley. What he did..who know's what he's capable of."

"What'd he do?" The question fell out my mouth instantly and it was too late to take it back. Jason sighed and looked at me, eyes glowing with something fierce.

He hesitated for a second but then seemed to give in after a sigh."He and the father of my ex-fiance stole from a company that was very popular a couple years back. They had been planning since they've met each other and no one knew anything about it."

It suddenly all came together in my mind. "That's why you had to marry the woman,right?"

"Yeah. But to be honest, I never was going to go through with it. Even before I met you." He said and I had to hold in the smug smile that wanted to make it's way to my face.

"Jason I would love for us to make a family somewhere, anywhere in the world. But can we please give it a little time, I just-" I started when the door bell rang and a loud knocking started at the door.

"Were you expecting someone today?" Jason asked, already standing up and I shook my head, already wiggling my body up.

"Ill go get-"

"No. You stay here I'll go check," He said, already walking away.

"But-"

He looked over his shoulder and gave me a look, "Stay, Riley". He snapped a lot like a father scolding his child and I resisted the urge to huf and cross my arms.

I waited a couple seconds, hearing muffled words from downstairs.

Suddenly there was a "Riley, do you know a Rain?"

My eyes widened at the name and I had to resist telling him no because I knew Jason wasn't going to be a huge fan of Rain.

"Yes!" I replied. "Let him in,"

I smoothed a hand down my hair and fixed my clothes, not because I wanted to impress Rain or anything but the main fact that I was trained never to look like I've just gotten out of bed when guests are over. I huffed as a strand got tangled in my fingers. I pulled it out just in time to hear Rain's voice come up the stairs, Jason footsteps sounding right behind him.

Rains raven black hair and brown eyes suddenly came in to sight as Jason closed the door behind himself. I tried to peek at the expression on his face but he quickly turned to ask Rain if he wanted a glass of water or anything and Rain answered 'water'.

""Babe, you want anything?" Jason asked, and I gave him a weird look at the endearment.

"A glass of milk please." I said and he left the room.

Rain's gave me a toothy grin. "Hey little Ri, and even littler Ri,"He said walking over to the the couch and I rolled my eyes at the names.

"Hey rainbows," I pitched back and he chuckled softly. "What are you doing here?"

"Christopher sent me. Told me you were not answering your phone and he started to get worried."

I rolled my eyes and outstretched my arms emphasizing my next words. "As you can see I'm fine,"

"Yeah, you look fine too me". He said looking at my body a little bit too long for comfort. I cleared my throat awkwardly and if it wasn't for the light glaring through the windows I wouldn't have noticed the pink that stained his cheeks.

"Soo, that's the boyfriend I assume?" He said, giving a pointed look at the direction of the kitchen.

"Yup,"

"You guys are back together?"

"We've never broken up." Jason said from behind me and I thought I felt the skin jump fro my body as I started.

"Shit! Jason you scared me." I accused and he gave me a sympathetic look, handing me the glass of milk and thrusted the water -without spilling it- in Rain's awaiting hands.

The serving of drinks was a slight distraction but it didn't stop the tension in the room from growing as Jason took a seat on the other side of me, his long arms wrapping around my waist and making their way almost possessively on my stomach. Rain's eyes flickered down to where Jason's hand rested and for a second I saw a flash of jealousy behind his eyes.

"I'm just saying, you weren't exactly here before".

"I'm here now," Jason snapped and after that there was silence. And you could literally hear a pin drop if it was attempted. I cringed inwardly.

"Sooo, Jason. Rain is actually the one who did the nursery. He did an amazing job, right?" I attempted but knew it was the wrong words the minute it came out my mouth, what with the way Jason acted yesterday when he found that out.

Jason grimaced a smile. "Yes, amazing job". Jason said but even I could hear the sarcasm dripping from his words. I watched as Rain's jaw clench.

"Thanks," He stated plainly and there went another pregnant pause until I remembered something.

"It's a boy."

With that said I watched as Rain's face lit up bright, a wide grin making it's way to his face.

"Wow, I kind of had a feeling it would be too. That's amazing. I'm happy for you, Ri" He said and his words sounded sincere. I felt Jason shift beside me as the atmosphere cleared out just a little bit. The next few minutes consisted of Jason and Rain asking each other random things that most alpha males talk about. Jobs, tools..etc and I knew after the fourth question Jason was honestly slowly starting to warm up to Rain, because they did indeed have a lot in common. They both were familiar with the arts department, Jason being more experienced. But it was nice to see they could get along and I just sat back with a smile on my face, occasionally putting in my two cents on topics I knew about.

Soon enough, I got up and informed them I would be making pasta for dinner. Jason insisted on himself doing it but I knew they needed the time to get to know each other better. So I wobbled into the kitchen, thinking this new found friendship they had found never last.

****

Shitty ending but Im sooooooo tired and Im craving cornflakes but if I get up I wouldn't go back to the writing.

Ignore that^^ but Sorry for the shitty ending.