Chapter2: The Beach

Hey guys so this is part 2! Feelings are being thrown around... uh oh. It would mean the absolute world if you liked or followed, thank you all so much🥰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Poppys POV

His touch made my skin tingle and I suddenly wanted to kiss him. It was so strange this feeling. I couldn't possibly like Shawn? No no he was my best friend. Not to mention a pop star. He'd never like me. But that didn't mean I didn't like him. No stop come on. I have a boyfriend. Oh no. Shawn doesn't know about him. Oops, oh well he'll find out soon enough. He talked with a few friends while I chatted to Andrew and Cam, then Shawn came back to me and flashed me a dazzling smile. We walked back to the car and he had his arm slung around my shoulder.
"So Mendes," I grinned nudging his ribs,"Any ladies I should hear about".
He threw his head back and laughed. "Nope, no one still."
"Oh come on there's been no one for like 3 years!" I teased, but then he looked down at me intensely and said "I've been waiting on one".
I blushed. Okay it was probably not aimed at me but still. It seemed so... aimed at me. Okay now I'm thinking crazy, as if he's aim that at me!
I just laughed and then he said "Well what about you?" He suddenly looked kinda nervous "Any boys?" I grinned "Okay Shawn, there is one boy, who is my umm... well... boyfriend." He stopped. And looked... hurt.

Shawns POV

Boyfriend? She had a boyfriend?
Oh dear god no. I'd missed my chance with her, now she's going to fall in love with this boy, marry him and have a family and grow old with him and...
"Shawn?" Her sweet voice cut my thoughts off mid stream. I cleared my throat. "Wow a umm boyfriend that's uhh well great! Congrats!"
I turned my head away, trying to hide my upset.
"Shawn, are you okay?" She asked worriedly.
I forced a laugh and said "yes! Yes of course!" and she looked at me suspiciously. She knew I wasn't but she decided to ignore it. "So" I asked trying to be casual "who's the lucky guy?"
She looked down at her hands and muttered "uh well it's, Tom".
I stopped again. "Tom?!" I said "Poppy are you kidding me?! He's like the biggest douche bag, uh ever! Seriously!"
Suddenly she looked up at me with pointed eyes "Shawn! Look you may think that but he's changed!"
I rolled my eyes and scoffed. Tom!? How could he have gotten to her before me! He cheats on all his girlfriends and is the biggest jerk and player like, ever!
"Hey Shawn! Look whether you like it or not, he's my boyfriend and if your not okay with that then fine you two can be separate but I would have preferred if my best friend and boyfriend to get along but if your going to be such a jerk about it then fine!" She half shouted at me before storming ahead.
Damn, that was like a slap in the face. It stung. She was dating a douche and now I'm the jerk. Damnit Shawn. I felt bad so rushed towards her and grabbed her arm.
"Get lost Shawn" she whispered her voice sounding sad, a voice that broke my heart. "Hey Poppy, please it's okay I'm so sorry." I said while pulling her into a hug. She wrapped her hands around my back a sniffed into my jumper.
"Look I'm sorry about what I said about Tom and if you really like him then.. then uh that's good and I'll try to like him, okay?" I mumered into her gorgeous hair.
She looked up at me with her big eyes that where shiny with close to falling tears and said "Thank you Shawn. Your the best, love you" and grabbed my arm and started talking to me about something else.
I wished she loved me like I loved her.

Poppys POV

Okay Shawn was totally acting strange. Something weird has definitely happened. He couldn't possibly... like me? No nooo of course not. But he seemed so annoyed about me dating Tom and well upset. It could have just been because Tom was a jerk in the past. He was known for being a player and cheater, but he really seems like he's changed. Anyway I did sort of over react but when I shouted at him he looked generally hurt and I felt bad but then he was super sweet about it. Ugh I don't even know what's going on anymore.
"So Pops" Shawn said, as we walked linking arms along the streets, him keeping his head down trying not to be noticed, but stopping if people wanted pictures. "Where to today?" He asked.
"Let's go too... the beach!" I replied, clapping my hands together happily.
"To the beach it is! Lemme just grab some swimming stuff then we can go" he said heading towards his condo.
"Wait Shawn I need to get my stuff to I'll meet you at the beach! Usual place!" I said, already running towards my house and he called goodbye. When I reached home, I changed into my bikini and put on a tied T-shirt and shorts over the top. Grabbing my sunnies, I leaped into my car and began to drive to the beach to meet Shawn. As I arrived, I slipped of my shorts and T-shirt and began talking all my stuff out the car, in my favourite white bikini and I set out to where I was meeting Shawn. I spotted him in the distance, laying under the beach umbrella on a towel and I ran up behind him silently before leaping on him, grabbing his shoulders and shouting "BOO!".
He practically jumped out of his skin as I erupted into floods of laughter. He brushed all the sad he had acquired in the situation as he tried to hold back his laughter, his face cutely squishing up in the effort of not laughing.
"Your so annoying." He muttered, not being able to hold back a small smile.
I grinned at him before saying "You still love me though."
"Doesn't mean your not annoying Poppy"
"Oi! That's rude you pig!" I shouted as he laughed hard, me realising my hypercritical use of words. "Ugh" I said, laying on the ground "just die in a hole."
"Ooh someone's a bit moooody" he mocked, as I scowled at him. I had a a valid reason. I wasn't on it, but I could feel my period was going to come very soon. So, instead of losing my head, I just gave him the finger and put my shades on as I lay down to tan.
"Ouch" He said as he lay down next to me, and started to tail my hair around his fingers. For some reason, his motions gave me goosebumps and butterfly's started to swarm in my stomach. So I turned to face him, and his face was very close to my face, and my heart started to beat quicker and his breath I creased rapidly. We stayed that way, just endlessly staring into each other's eyes, before he stared to edge his face, his luscious lips, closer to mine. He was so close I couldn't move, but then I thought Poppy, you have this thing called a boyfriend. And this is Shawn, your weirdo best friend! What are you doing, about to kiss him! Holy shit, I was about to kiss Shawn Mendes, my best friend. His eyes had started to close as his lips where millimetres away from mine, so I did the first thing that came to my mind. I leaned away and hugged him. Hugged him. Could I be any more harsh? His muscles tended as i hugged him, and I felt guilt swirl around in my stomach. Why? I don't know. But eventually he relaxed and hugged back, so I stood up and a stretched. When I looked back at Shawn, he was staring at me, eyes wide, obliviously checking me out. My cheeks burned as I turned around and looked at the ground, suddenly I felt nervous, sort of awkward. But then, Shawn coughed and suddenly stood up before saying, "You know what you need Poppy?" And I looked at him questionably as he grinned and said,
"A dip in the sea."
My face fell as my hands automatically went to my hair.
"No. Hell to the no. I only got my hair done the other day, and I'd love it to last a bit longer before it goes mangles form the sea and also I'm just really not in the mood because I feel like my peri-" but it was obvious Shawn wasn't listening because he just went "Okay".
I looked at him, my brows raised and said
"Okay? Just like that? Ah great for a moment I thought you where gonna..." but I was cut short as Shawn scooped me up over his shoulders, fireman style and started effortlessly running towards the sea. I screamed at him to let me go but was laughing all at the same time. I mean he wouldn't really throw me in the water. Right?