Chapter 15: The Hospital Visit

Start from the beginning

"Nothing. We were just talking about Homecoming since we are both on the decorating committee. Why does it bother you so much? Are you jealous?" I countered.

Leo scoffed and then brushed past me into class.

---

Stupid anatomy teacher. Stupid anatomy. My teacher decided it was time for us to do our first major project that counts for 65% of our grade. So basically, if I fail then I will have a D in his class and then my dad will take my phone away until I get my grade back up.

Normally I'm not worried about projects. In fact, I love doing them. But my teacher decided to pair me up with Leo for this project about one of the systems in the human body and he fell asleep while the teacher was explaining.

Both partners have to present. If not, then you will get points taken off.

Why did this have to happen to me?

"So when do you want to work on the project?" Leo brought me back to reality. We were currently in PE right now and supposed to be running, but almost nobody is. It doesn't really matter though, we have a sub today and she doesn't really care about anything other than playing Candy Crush on her phone.

"This weekend. We can meet at my house around noon to decide what we want to do," I replied. "It's a date," Leo said. My eyes snapped over to his. He decided this was the perfect moment to start running and took off. "No it's not. I'll never go on a date with you," I yelled as I started to chase him.

"We'll see about that," he shouted back.

Those words made me stop dead in my tracks. What did he mean by 'we'll see about that'. He's so confusing. Just thinking about it sent shivers down my spine. Why did he say stuff like that? It's weird considering we are only friends.

I just shook it off and continued to run by myself.

---

By the time I got home I was exhausted from running. After Leo said that to me, he started messing around with some of his friends and got caught by the sub. In response, she made everyone run 5 suicides and do 10 push-ups in between. The whole time she had a scowl on her face. Something must have happened to put her in such a bad mood.

All I wanted to do right now was go take a shower and then eat a bunch of food. All that running made me sweaty and hungry.

After taking a quick shower, I headed back downstairs to get something to eat. As I rounded the corner  into the kitchen, I saw a figure standing in front of the stove. My heart started to beat fast. Who is that? And more importantly what are they doing in my kitchen?The closest thing to me was the knife on the island.

Slowly, I crept forward with the knife in my hand.

When I was behind the person I let out a war cry and swung the knife.

"AJ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? IT'S ME LEO!"

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at the person yelling at me. It was Leo.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was you. Are you hurt?" I started to check his face and neck before my eyes traveled down to his right arm. There was a cut about 3 inches long that was pouring blood.

"Are you okay? We should go to the hospital. That looks like you need stitches." Once the words left my mouth I started to race around the kitchen grabbing different items. I got a towel and handed it to Leo to put on his wound until we got to the hospital. The whole time I was running around like a headless chicken Leo stared at me with humor sparkling in his eyes.