Fred the Fearless Firemen

Fireman Fred hurried to the fire station. It was his turn to cook lunch for the fireman on his shift, and he had just bought some nice, plump sausages at the butchers.

At the fire station, Fred bumped into Builder Benny, who had come to repair a broken window frame.

"Oops! Hello, Benny!" he said. Then he went straight to the kitchen to start cooking. The smell of sausages wafted through the fire station. "Mmm, those sausages smell good!" said Dan and Mike, the other firemen, as they arrived for work. Suddenly the alarm rang- CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

"Emergency!" cried Firemen Mike. He and Firemen Dan rushed down the pole and into their fire-fighting gear. "What about the sausages?" cried Firemen Fred.

"Don't worry about a thing," said Builder Benny, coming in through the window. "I'll look after them till you get back."

"Thanks, Benny!" said Fireman Fred, trying to get his apron off as he rushed down to join the others. The emergency was in Tony's Pizza Parlor. One of the ovens had caught fire!

"We'll have to blaze out in a flash!" said Fred, rushing in with a big fire extinguisher. Dan and Mike followed with the hose.

With a WHIIISH and a WHOOOSH from Fred, and a SPLIISH and a SPLOOOSH from Mike and Dan, the fire was soon out.

"WHOOPS!" cried Firemen Fred, slipping on the wet floor. But he was back on his feet with a flash. "Thank you!" said Tony, as the firemen took their equipment back to the truck. "I can get back to baking pizzas now!"

Just when they were ready to go back to the station, the firemen heard a call coming through over the radio. "Emergency! Emergency! Window cleaner in distress on Pine Avenue. Emergency! Over..."

"We're on our way!" said Firemen Fred, starting the engine. "Over and out!" NEE-NAW! NEE-NAW! With sirens blaring, the fire truck zoomed onto Pine Avenue. A crowd had gathered around Tip-Top Towers, the tallest building in town.

"It's Will, the window cleaner!" cried Millie the Mail Carrier, who had just finished delivering the day's mail to the building. "His ladder has broken, and he has hurt his leg. Now he's stuck, and he can't get down! Can you help him?"

"Certainly!" said Firemen Fred. "I can be up there in no time!"

The firemen put up their tallest ladder. While Mike and Dan held out a net- just in case- Fred fearlessly began scrambling up the ladder. "Here I come, Will!" he shouted.

"I've got you!" said Fred, as he grabbed hold of the window cleaner. The crowd below cheered as Fred carried Will down the ladder and helped him into the fire truck.

Fred drove the fire truck straight to the hospital. "Thank you for rescuing me," Will said to Fred.

"Mention not," said Fred. "I'm sure your leg will be fine- but I think you'll need a new ladder!"

"What a busy day it's been!" said Firemen Fred, as they drove back to the fire station. "I feel really frazzled!"

"Our work's not over yet!" said Firemen Dan. "Look! There's smoke up ahead!" NEE-NAW! NEE-NAW! went the siren.

VROOOM! VROOOM! went the engine, as it raced to the scene of the fire. The smoke was coming from the fire station! Dan and Mike unwound the hose, and Fred raced inside. "Oooof!" he gasped, as he tripped over the hose and bumped into Benny- again!

"Sorry friends," said a red faced Builder Benny. "I guess I burnt the sausages and your lunch is ruined." Poor Fred felt really frazzled now- until he had an idea. "I know just the person to rescue us from this situation!" he said.

"Who?" asked the others. "Tony!" said Firemen Fred. "His pizzas are yummy. And an extra-large one will be a perfect lunch for us!"