eighteen

As we carried on chatting with one another. In the back of my mind, I'm at my breaking point.

I tried not to show it in hopes that Annalee and Haruto don't notice my almost panic attack. After a while, we finished our tea, which seemed like forever. I got up said my goodbyes to the two ladies and left the gazebo.

I started heading back to the office to find Shirayuki leaving. I called out. "Shirayuki!" she stopped in her tracks and started walking towards me.

"Hey Eleanor, how are you?"

"I'm good. Where are you heading?"

"Oh, I'm just going to meet Zen at his room."

"Do you mind if I accompany you?"

She shook her head. As I walked beside her, we remained silent for quite a while. I felt anxious next to her. Tomorrow, everything could change and I wouldn't be able to face the people who I care about. Already I made me act differently when I'm with them.

"Shirayuki, this is a totally weird question. But I'm from a royal family or something like that."

"Would you still be my friend?"

"Of course."

I looked at her shocked. She answered that question with such ease. "I don't think a crown on your head changes who you are as a person. I remember when I found out that Zen's a prince it just flew by me."

"I didn't fall in love with him because he's a prince. I fell in love with him because he's caring, kind, and so many things."

"And I fell in love with Shirayuki because she's beautiful. Inside and out." Zen said as he approached us. I looked at Shirayuki who's cheeks are rosy red.

"He's a keeper." I whispered in her ear.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds alone, I need to find Phoebe."

"Oh, I saw her with Lawrence by Izana's office."

"Thank you, I'll see you guys later then."

I waved the couple goodbye and headed to Izana's office. The only people who know about my secret is Pheobe and Lawrence. I don't even know how they found out, but they just did. To my surprise, they didn't react as I expected them too.

Could my life actually have a happy ending?

When I reached the office, I only saw Pheobe there.

"Hey Pheobe, where's Lawrence?"

"Inside with Izana." She said while pointing to the door.

She stared at me for a minute, and bursted out laughing.
"So you didn't tell Izana you're a princess or you didn't tell him that you love him and on top of that, you don't even know if you're dating."

"Why do i feel like you're enjoying this more than me?"

"Watching both you and Izana deal with your "relationship" problems is the highlight of my week."

I rolled my eyes. Seeing Phoebe still laughing at me, I playfully hit her.

"Sorry, sorry."

"Anyways, your families coming tomorrow?" She asked. I nodded. Aside from all of my problems, I do miss my family. I miss waking up every morning eating breakfast or just playing board games with Andre.

My heart jumps for joy knowing that I'll see them again, even though I may not show it.

"Yeah, I don't know what to do."