twelve

I never actually thought about the walk to the castle that much, but seeing all the plants and animals just living their best life, made me smile.

It's the next day and I can't stop thinking about, him. Maybe it's because he saved me, or because we're always together. The more time I spent in Clarines, the stronger these feelings got.

Deep down I know, but I don't want to admit it.

"Good morning," I said to the two guards standing at there post as usual.

"Morning Miss Eleanor."

I made my way inside the castle grounds making my way towards the office.

I look around the palace to see butlers and maids running around more than usual, carrying different items, clearly setting up something.

It's only been a day since I've been gone and It seems like a wedding or party's going on. Time flies when you're having fun.

Not fun, I mean.

Once I reached the office, I walked in just to see Shirayuki pouring some tea for the court herbalist. She almost dropped the teapot.

"Eleanor!"

Shirayuki rushing toward me luring me into a big hug.

"I missed you so much!"

"I miss you too."

I didn't even realize myself, but I found myself liking Clarines even more than I expected. I went up to the chief. and she hugged me too.

"I'm glad you're safe."

I smiled at them both, I looked at Shirayuki as she picked up some seeds in her hands.

"What are those for?"

"Today, we're going to plant some herbs in the green house. Obi and Ryuu already there, I just had to pick up the seeds."

I nodded, we made our way out of the office, waving goodbye to the chief . I love that everything's back to normal, I need all the drama to tone down and just let me take a break.

"I don't want to ruin your day, but I need to tell you something."

"What Is it?"

"Izana's ball's today."

Didn't I say tone down the drama?

It's just a moment ago I met him in the forest, now in a matter of time, he's going to find his queen.

Something about that made my stomach turn. Princesses coming in hopes to win his heart doesn't sit right with me. I don't even want to think about it, so I pushed it out of my mind and just focused on work.

Or I at least tried to.

As we continued to make our way to the green garden, I noticed a particular blond lady standing by the tree. As Shirayuki and I started to approach her, we noticed It's none other than Annalee.

We walked up to her, she's wearing a frilly pink dress and her hairs all done up. It looked like she's waiting for her date to pick her up.

"What are you doing here?"