New Feelings (Chapter 4 part 2/3)

Ever wonder what love felt like? Is it a warm fuzzy feeling that warms the insides of one's heart or is it more like gambling and taking a chance to either win or risk losing everything? These young adventurers will learn what it is to love one and what it's like to hate one as well....

    Shard giggles and holds her hand out, "I'm Shard, it's a pleasure to meet you Atticus." I nudge Atticus with my elbow, "Shake her hand Att." I chuckle as Atticus who has cherry red cheeks shakily takes Shards' hand and shakes it, "N-ni-nice to meet you too Sh-Shard.." Frost chuckles then goes to Atticus and ruffles his  hair. As the night slowly began to cave in darkness upon the forest, Frost and Shard had became serious. "Come, we need to hurry we aren't safe here, not now." Atticus and I then grab our belongings and follow behind Shard as Frost trails behind us. I think to myself, "What dangers lurk out here..." As we continued walking I became engulfed in my thoughts until we reached a cottage  built into a tree and goes up into the treetops of these haunting woods.  

  As we enter the cottage Frost locks the door immediately while Shard shuts and locks the windows in their home. Atticus puts his things down and asks curiously, "Why are you guys rushing to shut and lock all the windows and doors?" Shard replies, "There are things unimaginable that lurk in the dark when the light of the sun vanishes. These  things  have a lust for blood and will hide in the shadows till the perfect victim falls in their trap." Frost nods in agreement with her and sighs as they finish shutting windows and locking doors. As I put my things on the floor by my feet while Frost creeps quietly behind me and whispers in my ear, "Boo..". I jump in surprise and punch him as my heart races from the scare. Frost coughs after I had gut punched him and laughs, "Guess she's a fighter." He catches his breath slowly as I stand there in surprise "I am so sorry Frost I-I didn't mean to  hit you i-it was an accident!" 

  Atticus and Shard laugh so hard they end up rolling around the floor tearing up with laughter as they witnessed what had just happened. Frost chuckles "It's alright  Eliza, no harm no foul." Rolling my eyes I sigh "Don't do that again, don't need a living punching bag just cause you wanna get in a good scare.... Frosty!!" I burst out laughing as  he begins to turn rosey red and mumbles to himself. Shard laughs harder "OHMAHGAWSH YOU'RE A GENIUS COMING UP WITH THAT NICKNAME!" Atticus goes to Frost and pats him on the back comfortingly, "It's alright man, Eliza does that all the time when someone embarrases her." Frost chuckles "Good to know bud." "Well we should all head  to bed and get some rest, big day tomorrow right guys?" I say tiredly after all this excitement.

  As our characters move on through the days and nights more secrets and feelings begin, to reveal the true identity of Eliza and Atticus as they live their lives with Frost and Shard till time turns. Only when time decides to tell will they begin to learn things about themselves that they never knew......