The Beginning of the End (Chapter One)

As I gather my belongings hoping for a better start and a new beginning, maybe even a new life. For sixteen years I've grown up making dresses and knitting quilts though I have no pleasure in either activities. Mother used to tell me that I was like my father, always wanting adventure and always causing trouble even when I wasn't trying to be troublesome. Sadly my father died when I was eleven an mother died when I was fourteen. I've been raising my younger brother Atticus whom is now twelve years old.

 Atticus and I have been moving from town to town trying our very hardest to fit in but no matter how hard we try, we're the odd one's out. "ATTICUS ARE YOU DONE PACKING YET?" I shout to him from my room. He replies, "I'M ALMOST FINISHED ELIZA BUT SHOULDN'T YOU BE PACKING AS WELL?" I sigh sadly knowing it's true that I haven't finished packing although after going through my thoughts I quickly hurry packing my bags and wait for Atticus by the front door with a picnic basket full of food that should last us a while.

Atticus rushes to finishes packing his bags then hurries downstairs. We both give each other a silent nod then head off into a forest locals call Midnight Forest carrying our bags leaving unnoticed, or so we thought. Alexandar Philps, the most annoying boy I know on this Gods' earth noticed  that my brother and I were leaving. Alexandar ran in front of me with a devilish grin on his face, "Why I think this beast has found his beauty, and a little slave as well." Touching my cheek with his hand, I become irritated by his words and actions. "Leave Atticus out of this!" I say irritably, "Come on, let's go." As I walk away from Alexandar I push him roughly with my shoulder and continue forward with Atticus into the Midnight Forest, having no knowledge of what lurks beyond the deep dark mysterious woods.